S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im HPI all the way......1/8th scale Savage 21BB Big Block with reverse, Works for Competition 8# springs, boost bottle, Crazy Nutz cooling head, and a set of monster Proline Velocity 6 wheels with Big Joe's, Proline Escalade body, and a 15 tooth aluminum clutch bell ( does wheelies all day long!!!!!! )

What isnt cool about a 2 stroke 1/8 scale truck that runs on nitromethane and chases cars and jumps over mailboxes!!!!

I just got my 03 Xtreme a week ago....so Im pretty new to the forum......but you guys must have a ton of members with monster trucks.........Im sure all T-Maxxs' but I gotta have some HPI homeez out there somewhere!!!!! We should get some pics up too!!!! So post what you guys got!!!!!!

L8

Gabe

·
Still 2 High
7,539 Posts
I have a T-maxx that i've put a little over $500 into it. Its got aluminum extended a-arms, Ofna wheels and tires, associated shocks, etc... I havent used it for a little over a year though, i'm trying to sell it.

·
V8 Member
734 Posts
here are some shots of my titan 550 powered Traxxas Sledgehammer running on 12 cells.. I also have a HPI Rush.. but HPI motors are garbage. (the motor in it lasted a gallon, and yes it was broken in right)....

aaron

·
bitch
7,884 Posts
i got a traxxas nitro rustler. i recently got some dirthawg 2.2 tires with the big spikes and lets says the drive train didn't like those. things had to get beefed up. now i can't keep the front end on the ground.

·
Hyundai Owner
4,272 Posts
Ive got an old Radio Shack F350 that has actual 4wd. I got it when I was 8 and it still works.
We used to put rocks in a clothes basket and tie it to the roll bar to see how much it could pull.

·
bitch
7,884 Posts
PJB said:
Ive got an old Radio Shack F350 that has actual 4wd. I got it when I was 8 and it still works.
We used to put rocks in a clothes basket and tie it to the roll bar to see how much it could pull.
the older radio shack trucks run forever. i got one i've had for about 6 years now. the body is removable, i took the body off and strapped a video camera to it. made for some interesting video.

·
Hyundai Owner
4,272 Posts
Ive had this one 14 years. It runs off C and 9V batteries.
I had a few TYCO trucks and cars and they broke. I still have the boat though.
I liked the old Radio Shack ones because they dont use those stupid battery packs that last 10 minutes and take an hour to charge.

·
C.L.I.T Commander
168 Posts
I have had my interest piqued here for a while now about these trucks. Now normally when i want to get into something like this i just do it and learn along the way, is this the best approach? how should i go about getting into this?

·
bitch
7,884 Posts
loademan said:
I have had my interest piqued here for a while now about these trucks. Now normally when i want to get into something like this i just do it and learn along the way, is this the best approach? how should i go about getting into this?
go buy an RTR truck. Ready To Run. basically you put gas and batteries in it and your good to go.

·
C.L.I.T Commander
168 Posts
where would i look for one of those and what about would it run me? and they run on alcohol right? ~checking ebay~

·
bitch
7,884 Posts
loademan said:
where would i look for one of those and what about would it run me? and they run on alcohol right? ~checking ebay~
you can find them at most local hobby shops. they run on special rc car gas. AKA nitro gas. when i got into it back in the day (about 3 years ago) the highest you could run in an rc car was 20%. i took about a year break and fired the car up again and they have come out with 30 and 40% nitro gas. prices of the gas is between $23 and $30 per gallon. you have to buy the gas at a hobby shop because its not legal to ship it through the mail without a permit or something.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice......dude thats an old school Traxxas Sledge!!!!!! Nice!!!! Hey loademan...If you want to just play and really not worry about anything...i.e maintenece, repairs, cost. Get the electric Traxxas E-Maxx....Its really durable and will last a long time. But if you want to have the fastest toy on the block, or just get some hot chicks ( well.... maybe not :).....youd better be packin' a piston!!!!! Go to www.hpiracing.com, or Traxxas.com and do some research before you buy. Make no mistake that nitro trucks are expensive to buy and maintain...but once you get the hang of it and understand them completely...they are just too much damn fun. If you buy from Ebay just be sure to get something new......most people beat the shit outta their trucks, then dump em once they stop running...so just be sure to spend a few extra bucks and get something brand new. I got my Savage on Ebay and saved a bunch of money...I just made sure I found a new one. Let me know how much you want to spend...and Ill find you a good deal on Ebay. If you want a new RTR monster truck.....like the T-Maxx or the Savage...expect about $350-$400....E-Maxx probably about $300. These three are well worth the money.......L8

Gabe

·
thats my boy with the box
549 Posts

·
xtremefour
1,806 Posts
I don't have a monster truck but I do have an HPI Lambo. It is fast as fock. I put new exhaust on it, different gearing and I want to buy the mini supercharger set up but it is kinda exspensive for a R/C car. I would like to get a truck so I could go more places with it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is that the RS4 or the Super Nitro RS4......I have the Super Nitro...with an OS CV-R .15, 2 speed tranny, and a centax clutch. Gotta do at least 60 mph with no traction. The cars are fun, but really hard to control at high speeds...its really easy to smash into curbs and stuff! The trucks pretty much go over anything and are way more durable, because of the bigger parts. Its still fun to fire the on-road up when I feel the need for speed though!!!!!

·
549 Posts
my r/c's are all traxs..tmaxx,tec-4,nitro sport....and copters are rapters

i will be flying some copters today i will try to post some pic's

·
549 Posts
:clap:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts