S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 216 Posts

·
Registered Asshole
5,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know all the peeps around Chi town will look at this. I know who MOST of you are. Im interested in seeing who DOESNT know me or is new to the site and is from around Chicago or like an hr away or so......Anyone?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I don't know if I know you but I am about 30 min outside of chicago.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm so close to chi I can hit it with a rock. Don't think we've met

·
Registered
134 Posts
95 GMC Sonoma,4.3 Manual trans, Kenwood stereo, installing power locks,alarm,remote start,fogs front spoiler. Has a chip and a new air intake. Used for work so not too crazy. Putting in the overhead console today. I save the radical work for the skis and the bikes. And you?

·
Registered
398 Posts
I don't know you either :)

I work in Chi town. live in the west burb's(geneva for those who know the area)

It's currently 3:15 local time, and we hit our high for the day at 10* with a -8* with wind chill. at 6:30 this morning when i left for work it was -5* and -25* with the wind.

once the weather here warms up alittle I would love to find a few local shows. I did the super chevy show last year and will be at it agian this year, Would like to meet some other s-10 minded people in the area though.

·
Registered Asshole
5,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
:madfinger THE COLD AND SNOW CURSE YOU!!!!!!!

Thanks Cadman. Yeah there are a lot of lil shows out by me, Oak Lawn is where i live then i go to Orland Park, Palos, Chicago, and what not And good to see someone new out and about. What do u ride?

·
Registered
398 Posts
2003 x ext-cab. with the step sides, summit white with the black stripes. gaylord x-200 bed lid, clear corners, cal-vul mirrors, SS speed grill.

Working on the sound system now. putting a box together for the bed for 2 extra bat's, a kicker 1200.1, and a kicker 600.4

going to run 2 10' kicker solo-barics in the cab

It needs soem work, i had it parked in front of my house on a saterday and some little ba$tered decided to hit my left front fender with a crow-bar or 2x4 or something. so now i have a big dent and a little dent in the fender to get fixed. The paint on it is fine. but in the location its in alot of body work will need to be done... talked to a body shop a few weeks ago and they said 700-800 to fix it. maybe this weekend i'll talk to a few others and see what they said.
My uncle(body shop guy) said he knows a guy that might fix it with the paint-less dent stuff so how knows

I want to have the whole things cleaned(pits and rock chips fixed) clear over the stripes and wet sand to a glass finish. not sure how soon thats going to happen. and i really want to flip the tailgate handle and smooth the gate. I have a set of the xtreme step shavers to put on(maybe) havn;t gone that far yet.

alrighty time to head for home..

peace

Dan

·
Registered
134 Posts
Seems like alot of people around me. Sorry Low99Sonoma to hear about your truck, it is major vacuum! I hope you are okay, I am good at fixing machines,not so good at people. And the weather,Welcome to Chicago. We have been lucky past couple of years. A couple of days of this won't be bad,then it gets warm. The hardest part is getting past Feb. That month will get your hopes up,then bust your balls like a bad girlfriend. Would like to hook up w/some people, figure out somethin' to do?

·
Registered
110 Posts
whats up davin i'm up here in waukegan bout 30-45 min. from chi depending on speed.

·
Registered
134 Posts
How close to Zion, Maybe we should go to the old nuke and get warm. LOL

1 - 20 of 216 Posts