S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Future Submariner
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i dont know if anyone else has noticed but this 2.2 generates more heat then i can believe...my moms 93 suburban w/a 350 is much cooler.....anyway does anyone have any ideas on how to cool this engine bay down without a cowl hood?
i know on some fancy cars they use some ducting that goes from the engine bay to under the car where the pressure is lower so the hot air is drawn out of the engine bay.....it just seems to me that all of this heat under the hood doesnt help efficiency at all......i want to experiment w/something...maybe ill run a hose from an ac vent to the engine bay :D :D :D j/k

·
Med School member
179 Posts
DRUTH said:
i want to experiment w/something...maybe ill run a hose from an ac vent to the engine bay :D :D :D j/k

reminds me of when I use to keep the front door open at our house. Dad would yell....I'm not paying to cool the outside.

Thought it was funny

·
Moving Violationz NE Member
354 Posts
I thought it was just me that my X throws off a lot of heat. I have the goodmark gen2 hood and my engine still runs hot.
so that won;t help any

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Try an electric fan. They do a much better job of cooling than the stock fan. Plus you will have more power.:uhoh:

·
Future Submariner
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im thinking e-fan and lower thermostat

i think the e-fan and lower thermo would help but i still cannot believe the heat this f'ing 2.2 generates.......and whose bright idea was it to but the throttle body and intake 3 inches from the top of the valve cover.....hmmm lots of heat...yea lets use it to heat up the air coming into the engine....that ill make it more effiecient.....i swear im no mechanical engineer but there are much better ways to do things but i guess in todays world the accountants and executives (that are protecting their own paycheck) make all of the decisions.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
i run no thermostat during the summer. Cruising on the freeway i stay at 165 or below. In traffic with the a/c i turn it off when it gets to 210 but once the acs on and im movin it stays from 180 to 195. Not to hard to take out, and it stays cool. Just put it back in when it starts to get real cold.

·
Future Submariner
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im not so worried about the engine temp....although it does generate the heat i just want to figure out a way to suck all of the hot air out of the engine bay.....i want to go with a 180 thermo and an e fan but the head is still gonna get hot as hell and radiate heat like the freaking surface of the sun.....i want to cool the engine bay but i think this is next to impossible

1 - 7 of 7 Posts