S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Body Draggin Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I know that I have been a post whore here lately, but I want to know if there are any more hidden bugs that I will be faced with Friday when I bag the front of my truck. I know to eyebrow the frame and all b/c of the ES72's I am running and to trim the control arm by the steering stop, but is there any more cutting or anything else involved that I haven't heard about yet? Oh I also know to go ahead and take the swaybar out so I can lay all the way.........I only have one day in the shop I'm at, so I kinda need to know of any problems ahead of time so I can figure out solutions......you all know how this sort of stuff goes!!
Chris

·
Registered
432 Posts
have you bagged anything before? when i did the front of my truck it too me like 2 days cuz i had to figure a lot of stuff out and make a bunch of trips to the store. if you only have one day in a shop to work on it i would try to get whatever you can done before then, so you won't run out of time. try to get everything wired up, maybe mount the tank or plumb your valves. the only problems i really ran into was not having everything i needed. i bagged my friends truck a couple of months after mine and did it in half the time. good luck on the install and post pics when you're done

·
Body Draggin Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I have like 7 friends that are gonna be there to help out who have all bagged rides before so it shouldn't take but a day to do. I am thinking about going ahead and having all my lines and everything already there, that way all I have to do is hook them to the bag once it's in a roll out. Anyways anything else I have to worry about?

·
Body Draggin Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And don't worry.....I will have a whole camera full of pics for everyone's enjoyment when I get done.....I can't wait until Friday!!

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
It took me several days as well, because I did more than just bag it and throw it all back together. I also had to make a few trips for parts/etc, but I went ahead and replaced upper and lower balljoints while I had it all apart.

For the spring pocket, I used a cutoff wheel to get it started, then a sawzall to trim the majority of it out. If you can get your hands on a torch or plasma cutter, it'll go much easier and take hella less time. That's a bigass bag though so do yourself a favor and make SURE it doesnt rub and theres plenty of clearance for when the bag shifts (which it will overtime).

Hope I helped.

·
Body Draggin Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
drps10 said:
I don't know if anyone metenioned this. But. You might have to notch. the frame for ur tie rods. not sure. check it out
I've heard that, but isn't that only true if you have a bigger set of wheels?? I am running 17's, so shouldn't they clear??

·
Body Draggin Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cab said:
It took me several days as well, because I did more than just bag it and throw it all back together. I also had to make a few trips for parts/etc, but I went ahead and replaced upper and lower balljoints while I had it all apart.

For the spring pocket, I used a cutoff wheel to get it started, then a sawzall to trim the majority of it out. If you can get your hands on a torch or plasma cutter, it'll go much easier and take hella less time. That's a bigass bag though so do yourself a favor and make SURE it doesnt rub and theres plenty of clearance for when the bag shifts (which it will overtime).

Hope I helped.
I know I know post whore here, but don't worry.....I'm about to go outside in 40 degree weather to go check out how much I am going to cut out and make all my marks already. I've seen all the posts and threads about running a 72 up front and I've seen pics about how much to cut out, so I think I am going to be set. I have also arranged to be in the shop a second day just in case we don't finish up in time........I hope everything goes well
Chris

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
Ya. you should be fine then with the 17's. Good luck man. I know. cold blows. makes it harder to work. But. U'll like baggin the truck/ BTW. nice truck already. look alot better laid out. Take alot of pictures.
Good luck!

·
Body Draggin Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I put on the Carhart jacket and got a very good idea what I have to do......my painted control arms and stuff have been chipped where the arm is already hitting the frame, so that was a gimme thing right there. Other than that I have everything all lined up...just waiting on everything to get here....
Chris

·
Body Draggin Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, I'm not calling you a post whore...I'm calling myself one. I am hoping that everything is going to go as smoothly as possible Friday, but it probably won't......you know how things go when you need to get it done.
Chris

·
SK= Midwest's Elite
4,906 Posts
exactly...when i lowered mine i rushed and in the middle of winter got a shop for the day...started off nice, got the back dropped in about 2 hours, then with the cold and me not having drop shocks :doh: it took us like 5 hours....it sucked but hey, we got it done so...

anyways...good luck and take lotsa pics because i plan on baggin mine later this winter

·
Body Draggin Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah you see I forgot this one key thing that I should have thought about before I began. NEVER ORDER FROM FBI!! I thought that I would be the exception and get my stuff since I talked to them and all, but no, it's still not here. It was supposed to be here by Wednesday, which as of today was 3 days ago, and it well was supposed to do everything on it yesterday and finish up today if needed...NOT!! So I get to sit around waiting on a truck that probably won't come, but it's okay..........another lost customer from FBI...and you would think that they would treat someone who ordered 3 aig ride kits from them at once with a little bit of respect and get the order to them when they request/need it.
Chris

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
iLLblazer said:
Oooh, dress warm. Its only about -5 farenheit here in winnipeg.
Sorry to whore..some people just don't know how good they got it.
It's nothing to do with how well you have it. It's more of just what you're used to. I'm used to 95-100F everyday in the summer, then when it drops down to 30-50 or so, it's very cold. You've probably never seen 100F -- meaning you're used to the colder weather.

·
Body Draggin Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I hear you there Cab!! Man it's nothing for me to be working out in 105 degree weather here in Texas, so when it gets down past 45 and you have to work outside it takes 7 layers of clothes just to keep you warm! Yeah death to cold weather!!
Chris

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
SlammedWhitey03 said:
Oh and for those who are anxious to see my truck here is the link to some pics of my truck.......

http://www.streetsourcemag.com/viewownerprofile.aspx?ProfileID=9758
you will work all the bugs out while driving your truck, you will notice little stuff at a time and fix them as they happen, it could take a week to a year to completely work all the bugs out and that is how you will learn your air suspension...:beer:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts