S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey people, i plan on lowering my zq8 with the 2" spindles up front and blocks for the rear. obviously, the rear sits up higher right now, but it's kinda' snazzy that way. i like the way they look with just the a$$ up a little higher than the front. should i still go an additional 2/3 or keep it 2/2 additional... i'm not sure what would look better. Anyone have any pics of either of those additional setups to a ZQ8? thanks!!

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Well, if you still want the back to sit up, then go with a 2/2. A 2/3 will even it out more.

·
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay. cool. i'll have to think on that... i'd like to see pics, though. thanks!

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
i did a 2/3 on my x (which as the zq8 suspenion) and it still sits slightly raked....of course i have a rollpan which takes a lil weight off the rear....its only noticable when you measure it tho....go 2/2 and it will look the same as it does now...but lower:)

·
Store bought ain't custom
516 Posts
I did a 2/3 on my sonoma. Its got the ZQ8. here's the picture. my truck

·
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sweet. that looks purdy snazzy, man! great job. were the spindles a ***** to install? thanks.

·
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ah, i see. do you have any larger pictures? i can barely see the drop-ness. :) thanks though!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would go with 2" blocks, my buddy did on his Xtreme(same suspension) and it looks pretty nice with the rear slightly higher.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
destrier2 said:
i hate to ask a stupid question but how did you manage to get a 2" drop out of a coil only 1/2" shorter then original?
the zq8 has 1.5" springs,so the ones i put in are like 1.5" more than stock. i think they gave me a little more than that though. i don't know exactly how much b/c bein the dumb a$$ that i am, i didn't measure the stock hieght before i put in the new springs.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
the zq8 has 1.5" springs,so the ones i put in are like 1.5" more than stock. i think they gave me a little more than that though. i don't know exactly how much b/c bein the dumb a$$ that i am, i didn't measure the stock hieght before i put in the new springs.
lmao i have a 98 ZQ8 that i put 3 inch springs and 3 inch blocks in and i did the same thing bout not measuring. dont even trip man, it happens to all of us.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts