S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
**** YOU
18,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been driving the s10 daily for about a month now.. Runs great(knocks on wood), no issues out of it. I recently changed the oil and filter, and fuel filter. Truck has 166,xxx miles on it. Has a new radiator, ac compressor, condenser etc. I dont know when the last time the plugs/wires or any basic tune up stuff was changed. Im getting 19MPG out of it.. 2000 S10 2.2 Non-Flex/Automatic

Did a search on what brand products to use just to see what works best..

Ac delco plug wires P/N 9764T
Ac delco plugs.. (should i get the Professional Platinum P/N 41-948 | or the Rapid fire platinum P/N 12)
Wix Air filter P/N 46117

Any other items i should take care of while doing the tune up?

·
Registered Un-dependent
2,060 Posts
Re read lol.. recently changed it.

Main thing im wanting to know is which of those two plugs to go with.. I see everyone say delco, and i saw one guy say he runs rapid fire #12's..
Some people here will only use Delco, I run the NGK platinum's and they work great. Stay away from Bosch's and 'designer' plugs like the Splitfire, etc

·
Ridin' on Twankies
3,619 Posts
Use the platinum. I've always ran them in my 2.2's.

19mpg isn't too bad. But not good.

My 2000 noma; with 20's, bagged, stock drivetrain and pretty stock underhood gets 16-18 city. It sucks, but it runs really good, and nothing is wrong with it. My window sticker says 19mpg city. 25 hwy. I've never seen either.

·
Likes MOAR Low
1,609 Posts
I've always ran AC Professional Platinums in mine. Went through about 3 sets now at 87k miles, but only because I tune it up every few years. Never had one foul and its always ran great with them. These 2.2's don't like a lot of other plugs. Definitely get some new wires, because if it still has the stock packard's, they are nothing to write home about and fail pretty easily. I always buy AC Delco wires too. Have a look at the valve cover gasket to make sure its not leaky, they tend to get that way on 2.2's with high mileage. Since you changed the fuel filter already, I think your g2g otherwise. These things don't ask for a lot really.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts