S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
too low for fat ho's
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up fellas? i just suicide hood on my 2000 noma, but it wont close complete cause the rod hinge in the middle is hitting the plastic shit where it says "Caution Fan Hot". can i get an intake and will that eliminate that problem? its the only reason i think its not closing right... :dunno: thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
i used a hinge of a 80's park avenue... it is a realy easy mod.

As for your problem... just get an intake. kill two birds with one stone (intake... of course everyone wants one... and get your clearnce)

·
too low for fat ho's
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:lol: ya, i wanted one anyways. ill look for the thread that had to the how to on to make one or ill just buy one, i just hope thats the only clearance issue. i bought the hinges from casey, so they are the right le sabre hinges. the hoses might be a problem too. i wonder if anyone has done this mod on a sonoma...?

·
Suicide Hood Guru
528 Posts
you can cut the support bar and turn it and reweld it back so it doesnt hit the fan shroud... or you can do the intake...

·
too low for fat ho's
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, when i was lookin at it yesterday i noticed it was hittin the ac hoses, there are indentions where the crossmember hits hit. its really pissin me off. i took pics - ill try and get em up so everyone can see. im not sure if an intake will do the trick now.

·
too low for fat ho's
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
after its welded to the hood?

·
too low for fat ho's
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
damn i was afraid of that, no way to move the hoses out the way or somethin?

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
yeah without the bar it will want to 'sway' back and forth. The bar is there for support and without you risk bending the hinges, making it where the hood doesn't shut right, and having to do it all over again.

And there's not really anywhere else to move the lines to. However with my setup and the intake pieces removed the bar didn't hit the lines and I never cut and reweld the bar either.:dunno:

·
too low for fat ho's
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ya there is no escapin the welding, lol you got a pic under the hood when you removed your inner fender thread right? ill check that out.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts