S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as the title says this is yet another sloppy turbo Ls build by a teenager so here’s my baby in bought my senior year of Highschool my 88 s10
it came with the 2.8 v6 and 700r4 trans and gave me zero problems so I decided to ls swap it because why not so I went and sourced an iron block Gen 3 5.3 and swapped its internals with Gen 4 internals everything else was sloppy basics. Sloppy stage 2 Cam, BTR .660 spring kit, BTR Hardened Pushrods, Speedmaster Head studs, LS9 Gaskets, Decapped Truck injectors, Gapped rings ya know the whole 9 yards. I also got the Transdapt Ls swap in a box P/N 42161 kit which comes with the oil pan to clear the cross member and headers to eliminate the driveshaft problem and all the hardware. but I ran into a problem with the collector in the way of the frame
has anyone else used the kit and had the same problem kinda worried if I need to cut the frame which is what I don’t want to do but other than that everything dropped right in place
another question would be since I’m running a new wiring harness can I chop the old one right out of the firewall and get rid of it without it interfering with the head light and turn signals because this will still be my daily. I’m thinking of running a stand-alone with hptuners of getting the microsquirt kit. As for turbo I’m pretty stuck on the s366 for some reason not really sure but I’m running n/a for the timebeing and getting all the turbo parts gathered up. Any help would be appreciated

·
Been there Done it
12,767 Posts
Never chop any wiring. It always comes back to bite you in the azz. Put in your new wiring harness and wrap any unused wiring in tape and hide it out of the way somewhere.

Reactions: TomA

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have a good start. Maybe you will have to shift the motor forward some for the collectors to clear.
you’re right I kinda forgot the motor mounts were adjustable I currently had them all the way back because I was concerned about the tv cable for the 700r4 but I’ll scoot it forward to see if they clear

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.