S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Bass Junkie
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well now since my CD deck is toast due to a couple hard knocks....I was wondering if it is possible to c-notch my frame. I was looking at the underside of my rig and I am about 3/4inch from bumpstop to axle. On the driver side there is a black plastic box looking thing which I have no idea what its for. And also there is a bracket which is welded right near the bumpstop on the inner side of the framerail which is for my brakeline. Now is there a kit which I can easily install or am I going to have to take it in to get some work done? I dont think removing the whole entire bumpstop is going to illeviate my bottoming out so I am opting for the C-notch. Another thing I noticed is that my shackels are pushed all the way back against the rail....is that a bad thing?? I need some 411 before I take it in/ Thanks

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
its a charcole canister for the gas fumes, it recylcles it back to the engine

·
Bass Junkie
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh cool....neva knew dat!:thumbup: Hey maybe you can answer this question. If I c-notch my frame where would I locate the canister?

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
im really not sure, im guessing right around the end of the bed, but really not sure im getting my bag set up in a month or so, so i can put the envoy front clip on, but if you do find out before i do let me know, and vise versa

1 - 4 of 4 Posts