S-10 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Broke down
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No pictures just yet. I picked up a unit on ebay, gave $85 shipped to my door. It was listed as not working because it came form an electronics recycle house, listed as not working, because they didn't have the equipment to check it out. Unit arrived today. I'm under the assumption that all of the nav units are the same size...Tear into the dash, get my unit out. Hook up the nav unit, fingers crossed. We have power! Bow Tie comes up, then a black screen. Could be because I need the unit unlocked, we will see. Try to slide the unit into the factory slot no luck. The mounting brackets are different so it wont slide back into the dash all of the way. I rest it in the hole, try and work the trim into place to see if its going to clear. The unit is too big. So what I'm wondering is. Does anyone know if there are different size units out there? I'm going to pull the trim off, hook the stereo up and go to the Chevy dealer tomorrow morning and see if they can hook it up to a tech II and see if I can get it working.

·
Broke down
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've done some googling. It is out of chassis GMT 345TNF Which goes back to a Hummer H3. PN on the radio is 15883298 that PN is superceded by PN 25846054. Which when looked up on GMpartsdirect says it is no longer in use

Still not sure if it is a LUX or non-LUX unit. Either way, if It is fully functioning, it looks as though its going to be a decision of whether to modify the factory bezel, or sell it and get a unit with a smaller face.

·
Broke down
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went to get the unit unlocked this morning and ran into a couple of issues. Number one, the unit no longer powers on. No big deal, pull out the stocker to see if a wire has come loose. Nope stock unit powers up just fine. Not sure WTH happened here. So I decide to go down and talk to a local GM dealer any way. Plug the radio in, drive down there. They wanted to charge me $90 to TRY and unlock it. I stood there and told him how to do it. They said they couldn't do it until monday. I told them not to worry, I wasn't going to pay $90 to have to instruct the tech how to do it.

·
Broke down
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You guys keep missing the part where it was functioning last night. I'm trying to locate someone who can repair the unit. Hoping to be out no more than $200 when its all said and done.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
but you also said it only powered up. you didnt say it was functioning, sometimes things turn on but dont work, for example if you brick an ipod touch or iphone while jail-breaking when you turn it on it shows the apple logo but dosnt do anything else.

sounds easier and cheaper to me to buy an aftermarket unit

·
Broke down
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went back and re-read my post. I didn't post the part about the bent pin. I found a bent pin in the plug yesterday. Still not real sure how that happened. But it appears to have made contact with the terminal in the +12 volt socket.

sounds easier and cheaper to me to buy an aftermarket unit

Ever had your truck broken into? All that fancy aftermarket stuff draws attention. I've had mine broken into twice, lost over $1500 in stereo equipment both times. I'm now a fan of "factory" upgrades

·
Broke down
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
fancy factory stuff likes to get stolen too...
True, but I'm not cuising down the road with colored lights, everything will match as well as fit like factory! Same color plastic, same back lighting, etc. But, to each their own. I plan to upgrade the component speakers, but thats down the road. I've had my time with the big bass and aftermarket radio stuff. Again, that draws attention, and makes you a bigger target. I drove my last RCSB s-10 for a couple of years with a JL 10w6v2 stuffed behind the seat.

·
Warheads on Foreheads
1,655 Posts
Your "bent pin" may be pushing back into the harness when you plug the plug in. Also make sure it is actually straight. Check fuses. You may have shorted it out.

·
Broke down
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Your "bent pin" may be pushing back into the harness when you plug the plug in. Also make sure it is actually straight. Check fuses. You may have shorted it out.
Checked all of the fuses in the fuse block in the dash, all good. I believe everything is good on the truck side, simply because my factory radio is still fully functional. I can't seem to get the pin completely straight, but it is in a position and appears straight enough that it is/should be sliding into the plug without issue.

I feel that last part is the case. I can see a scar on the plug where the pin either gouged the plastic of the plug, or got hot because it shorted against the +12 volt terminal. I'm highly pissed at myself for this having happened. I'm still a little baffled. If it had been pin A1/B1 or A12/B12 I could understand it a little more. As those pins in the end are easier to bend. Being the second pin into the terminal, it seems a little odd. I guess this just wasn't meant to work on this go round.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Went to get the unit unlocked this morning and ran into a couple of issues. Number one, the unit no longer powers on. No big deal, pull out the stocker to see if a wire has come loose. Nope stock unit powers up just fine. Not sure WTH happened here. So I decide to go down and talk to a local GM dealer any way. Plug the radio in, drive down there. They wanted to charge me $90 to TRY and unlock it. I stood there and told him how to do it. They said they couldn't do it until monday. I told them not to worry, I wasn't going to pay $90 to have to instruct the tech how to do it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How exactly do you unlock the GM 25846054?
GMT 345 tnf
I have one A friend gave me he replaced his with JVC and he doesn't have the security code

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,349 Posts
How exactly do you unlock the GM 25846054?
GMT 345 tnf
I have one A friend gave me he replaced his with JVC and he doesn't have the security code
Start a new thread...this is 10 years old.

Closed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.