S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
All Show & No Go
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought my wiring kit from summit today. the question is, where does the temp sensor go? its not a "needle lookin sensor" is looks like a bolt . here is a pic.

the directions arent very helpful, just says install in intake manifld or head.

·
95 S-10 2200
510 Posts
yeah you'll have to get another kit. The bolt looking thing actually threads into like a water plug or something like that but as far as I know we don't have a place for that. If you just goto advance or autozone they will hook you up with either a rad prob style or a sensor you put in your coolant hose.

·
The doctor is in...
1,251 Posts
It is electric too, most of the kits use a manual balast, its the best way to do it.

·
I just cummed.
18,276 Posts
ohsolo said:
i bought my wiring kit from summit today. the question is, where does the temp sensor go? its not a "needle lookin sensor" is looks like a bolt . here is a pic.

the directions arent very helpful, just says install in intake manifld or head.
I got one from summit yesterday. It was 22.99 I do believe. (Probe style, Flex a lite adjustable)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I installed the temperature switch to the thermostat cover, the grounding is good and is in contact with antifreeze. I drilled a ¾ inch hole on the flat surface of the cover, used the coupling to tread and sealed with clear epoxy. Not difficult to install, so far is working ok, just an idea since you already have it.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts