S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1870 Posts

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. I have been working on this b/d since December of 04.. I work on it when i get time between work. school and g/f.. Now school is over I have alot of time.

It is a SFBD.. 3.5" on 255/35/20

New frame from firewall back.. I am stock flooring the bed so I don't have to raise the floor

Here is butt load of pictures for you all

All comments welcome!!

Some pictures are crap.. sry about that..

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

My egr vavle is hitting my firewall right now.. THat is why the cab looks crooked when it is dropped.. I have to order a blockoff plate tuesday from GM

I am keeping my KP 6 link.. just making new uppers

anything ask away or tell me what you think

·
Afterhours Admin
27,129 Posts
looks real nice man. i moved it to the BD forum tho. one question: i see you flipped the body mounts on the frame..it looks like they hang lower than the frame, and even if they are even, how will they bolt up?

·
BUY MY TRUCK PARTS!
1,071 Posts
hey, this may be a dumb question...but when you were ready to weld this all up, how did you go about it?

obviousl you cut the frame down to match the height, but you then welded along the bottom, and along the top where the new frame and the cut-down sections meet? did you plate over it or...?

I'm just curious...

thanks

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
no.. i just fill welded between the old and new frame... then ground it down smooth with the new frame.
hmmm i can't find any good pics to what i am talking about

about the body mounts.. it don't hang lower than the frame.. it just above the frame.. i might have to shorten the rubber bushing that bolts to the bottome some.. but other than that.. it will work

no way to keep this in project section??

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Chappy316 said:
looking sweet man, where are you from exactly??

chappy
right down the road from mike (baggedTB)

I would notch the firewall.. but my cab is on the truck.. and it would be hell getting back there..

·
Afterhours Admin
27,129 Posts
i dunno, i guess im missing what you plan on doing with the mounts because the stock pieces stick thru the mount and then a bushing, plate and bolt sit below the bottom. i dont think itll all fit under there without getting dragged on but i havnt seen the finished project yet..

1 - 20 of 1870 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.