S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I was searching around for sound deadening material and I came across this Ebay I searched on the forum and didnt find anything close to this alternative. Nuprene stuff and its really cheap... what do you guys think?

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
peanut butter ;) :D there was a thread about this..had lots of stuff..try tempe's stuff..

·
Too damn old for this sh*
2,373 Posts
I'm thinkin of tryin that spray on stuff.... just hafta borrow a air comp and a spray gun... I'ma do the whole friggin cab too :D

·
Registered
920 Posts
ANything made like that. You can even use Ice and Water shield, the shit that u put on tour roof...Works the same

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
ice and water shield, least the stuff we used when building houses, wouldnt work, because its not a sound damping material, and its an asphalt product (you can imagine how much it stinks on a hot summer day).

·
LIL RED ROCKET
602 Posts
here try this site for some sound deading stuff

http://www.edesignaudio.com/

they sell somthing by the name of Edead

they are a company out of Waterloo Iowa that has some very nice subs, amps, and edead

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
yea i wanted fat mat too..nice prices..but everyone says that they take toooo damn long to ship..i dunno *shrugs*

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
peel 'n seal, here, least a bit to see what its like.

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I think im going to go with Peel n' seal

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
peal and sell sounds good too...thats my second choice if anything..

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
MuddyS10 said:
ice and water shield, least the stuff we used when building houses, wouldnt work, because its not a sound damping material, and its an asphalt product (you can imagine how much it stinks on a hot summer day).
It does work because it's the very simular to sound deadning material, it adds a lot of mass to the metal it's attached to and doesn't resonant itself. My 85 Toyota was loud as hell inside with mudders and only a cherry bomb for an exhaust (which exited under the driver's door). I used some ice and water shield we had in the garage to deaden the doors and rear wall. Made a whole world of difference, and only smelled like asphalt a few days (smell never came back, even on hot summer days).

·
BARELY Tuckin' Tire
5,862 Posts
adam728 said:
It does work because it's the very simular to sound deadning material, it adds a lot of mass to the metal it's attached to and doesn't resonant itself. My 85 Toyota was loud as hell inside with mudders and only a cherry bomb for an exhaust (which exited under the driver's door). I used some ice and water shield we had in the garage to deaden the doors and rear wall. Made a whole world of difference, and only smelled like asphalt a few days (smell never came back, even on hot summer days).
:werd: sound deadening materail IS asphalt and rubber mixture

·
BARELY Tuckin' Tire
5,862 Posts
03, you in HI because of the millitary? i lived there on K-Bay for 3 years..

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
kaneohe bay? nice huh over there? lots of rain too...hrmm? u must be in the marines? cuz the base is over there..
but no im not in the military..im only 17 :D i've lived here all my life. :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts