S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I know yet another by engine is comming out of my hood cuz I have a beastly 82 hp 4 banger but I'm askin anyways.lol. I live in VA so of course a 4" cowl is 100% out of the question because it blocks the inspection sticker and would make my truck stick out like a swore thumb, "as if draggin doesent but thats a different story" so I'm familiar with the cavalier intake swap but has anyone ever posted a how to and or a list of what all is needed and how hard is it to do? Or does anyone have any better suggestions or tricks they've figured out. One of the local shops around here told me that he ran the measurements and he's not sure that the cavalier mod will work but I figured I have enough dealer connections to get all needed and take a look at it for myself. But if theres another route to go I'm all ears. thanks in advance guys

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
well i don't know what yr ur truck is...

but i have the cav swap done... and i can dang near promise that it would clear a stock hood even if you were door'd

there is nothing really hard about it.. u swap ur intake manifold.. the bolt holes line and everything.. if you are running stock arms.. they may hit!!!! but my ART arms clear

u will need to buy a 90* fitting for the air intake.... you will need to buy a 36" lokar cable (from summit is cheapest) and make that work

there are pictures in my photobucket thread (in sig) got any ? hit me up

1 - 2 of 2 Posts