S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Four months and 3 trips to the dealer and I finally have gotten rid of the annoying rattles. This is a post for all those out there hearing weird noises from their engine, I hope this helps. First noise was a "ticking" noise coming from the front of the engine when the A/C is on. Turned out to be the A/C compressor was going bad. Second, a rattling noise that I would hear at low rpms and at idle. The a/c & fan would also seem to trigger it. Turned out to be a bad PCV valve. Both were replaced and no more noises. Finally!

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
how much was it to replace the a/c compressor? i think im going to try that - and dynamat the damned hood

·
Registered
36 Posts
my 00 s10 pu w/ 4.3 still has a rattle or ticking noise coming from the engine on start up but goes away once i start driving! it does it when it's cold or hot i think it's the lifters ticking???????

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine did the same and it was the pcv valve. I can hear the lifters when the truck is warming up, but it goes away in less than a minute. The pcv ticking though I could hear when cold and warm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts