S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was hoping to avoid posting this as I'm sure there have been many of these, but I can't figure it out. My 98 4.3 S10 has a misfire when it's first started up for about 5-10 minutes only if it hasn't been ran the previous day. It look like the previous owner had changed the coil wire, distributor cap and plug wires, but one one plug wire, so I figured I'd pick up some duralast plug wires to change that one, but still have the miss. Then I figure I might as well change all the spark plugs with Ac Delcos, now I'm considering changing the plug wires and distributor cap to Ac Delco since the ones the previous owner look to be bought from JEGS and hope that get's rid of this miss

·
B4U Task Force Admin
24,218 Posts
Could be ignition related. OEM ignition parts are hard to beat. Another possibility is the spider. If it's the original poppets, it's probably past time for them to be replaced. An updated spider with real injectors cures a lot of misfires. Any codes stored?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It mostly likely are the original injections and if they are I'd say you're right since the truck has about 135,000 miles on it. I don't have a code reader to check an see if there are any

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was going to head that way to get it checked while I was swapping those duralast plug wires for some ac delcos, but looks like I'm stuck with the duralast even though I have a warranty, but my dumbass misplaced the receipt

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One thing I did forgot to mention is I do have a vacuum line that isn't hooked up, but I don't think that'd cause a misfire that goes away after being driven for a bit

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had a similar issue. Surprisingly, tossing out the low buck distributor cap and replacing it with a quality replacement took care of the problem. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Took a look under the cap to see if it was burnt and saw that it was corroded and the rotor was burnt, so ordered an AC Delco cap and rotor to hopefully fix it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts