S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Purple Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i just got the infinity kappa 60.5cs 6.5" component set and i was wondering if someone could suggest an amp for me? I know they are 90 w rms but really i know nothing as to quality of low wattage amps because i usually am dealing with subwoofers and higher wattage amps. Do they same reputable names for high end amps exist for smaller ones? A model, brand, anything would help. Thanks a lot.

Ty

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
budget?

theres a lot of amps around 100x2 that are good, we just need a price range. ;)

PPI pcx-280, Hifonics, Alpine, Zapco.......

·
Purple Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
middle price range, i am probably going to get a used one but yea nothing too expensive but i don't want a radio shack amp. I might be interested in your fosgate, i love fosgate amps, how old is it and how much has it been used, let me know.

Ty

·
Truckin' on a budget
1,847 Posts
it was used for 3 months and im not sure how old it is but its in excellent condition let me know if your interested just give me an offer and we can go from there

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
sdime18 said:
also will the power of my headunit come into play ever? or will getting an amp defeat the purpose of it's output.

Ty
only if you use the deck to power speakers

if not, then no.

Some, not all, decks out today, have done away with internal amps in order to produce less heat, thereby producing better SQ by allowing bigger/better components.

Some also allow you to turn off the internal amp.

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
I have a rockford 100.2 running my 60.5cs... They run them pretty good.. well Im actualy only running one side since one side is blown :confused: Id like to get me another door and tweeter :( oh yeah the speakers arent blown because of the power going to them... I dont have a mirror and water seeps through the large hole and I think it shorted them out...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts