S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in my girls car her amp constantly stays on. what could be causing this? the other day her battery was dead and she wasnt too happy and plus i had to get out of bed and take her to work. so i need help. thanks in advance.

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the remote wire is hooked up to the remote wire on the cd player. i dunno whats up. i had the same system in my blazer except a different head unit. what can i do to stop it? toggle switch? need any help you can give me.

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
well if that doesn't work you can run a new remote wire to the fuse box...that would work...and if it doesn't then there is something wrong with the amp. or you got it hooked up wrong.:idea:

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its in a 98 malibu, its an aiwa head unit not sure which model and the amp is an old crunch 600w i had in my first gen. blazer. how hard would it be to run a new remote wire? thanks for the help.

·
formally Lownoma
2,458 Posts
if you find that your deck has no remote output then run a wire to the fuse box off the radio fuse so its only on when the radio or cd player is on...test each side and tie it on to the leg that isnt hot all the time yah if you have a test light check the output with the head unit off then turn it on while still testing it and if it shows power or 12v then it should be good and then the problem is in the amp.....or the remote wire could be good but you pinched it along the way while running it and its shorting to ground...its possible test it at the head unit and the amp
later
jason

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the help. i'm gonna check it all out tomorrow. i'll let you guys know how it goes.

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i fixed it today. i took the test light and it was showing constant power even with everything on. so i just hooked up a toggle switch and its all good now. thanks again for the help guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts