S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my girlfriend's amp isnt working. the protect light is on. what could be causing this? i think everything is wired right. any suggestions. thanks in advance.

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
sounds like a short, or maybe its grounded out somewhere or you could have wires touching.....possibly could be smoked and toasted...:cry: :( just check all your wires and make sure..

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys i'll check the wires again.
btw its an old crunch 600w (probably about 400)

·
Moving Violationz NE Member
354 Posts
Most likely the board is fried. I would double check the wires and and ground to make sure

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nah its not fried, i checked it out when i got out of school tonight and it was turned all the way up. i just turned it down some and its all good now. thanks for the help again.

·
s-10 white rabite
246 Posts
if the bord is not shot and there is no short in the line you might be pulling to many ohms from your subs. i do not know what the amp is rated at but if you read the back or the book it will tell you. there is a nother way to see if the bord is shot, unplug the subs and then turn on the deck which should power up the amp, if the amp does not go into pect. mode then there is somthing wrong the you wirning:bash: :D :bash:

·
Registered
99 Posts
ecko said:
if the board is not shot and there is no short in the line you might be pulling to many ohms from your subs. i do not know what the amp is rated at but if you read the back or the book it will tell you. there is a nother way to see if the bord is shot, unplug the subs and then turn on the deck which should power up the amp, if the amp does not go into pect. mode then there is somthing wrong the you wirning:bash: :D :bash:

bingo. great way to test it. sounds like your wiring is off and your running your amp at too low of an impedence. let us know exactly what the specs on the amp are and also what kind of subs you have along with their voice coil configuration.

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i got it figured out. the amp was turned up too high, i fixed it tuesday and it has been working ever since thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts