S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....Where are you guys going through the firewall? I finally have all the pieces to my system, and starting the install.

Nothing is jumping out at me looking under the hood. Where gave you guys run the amp power wire?

Cheers,
Russ

(97 2.2)

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have a 98 so I don't know if you will have this on your truck. We ran it through a hole on the upper driver side firewall. Alot of the wires go through it. It's a tight squeeze but the only one I could find. You will need to remove the lower portion of your dash to get a hand in their. Good Luck!
Jay

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
jaydawg said:
I have a 98 so I don't know if you will have this on your truck. We ran it through a hole on the upper driver side firewall. Alot of the wires go through it. It's a tight squeeze but the only one I could find. You will need to remove the lower portion of your dash to get a hand in their. Good Luck!
Jay
if i remember correctly they are different. i have a 98 and did the same as you on the passenger side. i used to have a 97 and to run an amp + wire i had to drill a hole, i did it in the same location as on the 98s:thumbup:

·
Registered
287 Posts
I drilled a hole (two, actually for dual 4 gauge) on the passenger side, right next to the antenna boot. Then just used a snap-in grommet and that was that. Only problem with running it all the way over to the driver's side is all the extra wire you've gotta buy and the associated voltage loss that can come with it. Unless you're using a big enough gauge . . .

Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts