S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
bumpin' hard, drivin' fast, and looking good
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, well i hooked a buddys system up tonite and when i got it all together and went to start it up the amp went into protection mode, how the **** do u get it out of it?and how did it get in protection mode in the 1st place? could some1 please tell me how to get it out or how to start working with this problem? .......... i already removed the REM and the speaker terminals, no luck, also is a Audiobahn A8002t amp please help!

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
Umm, it should come out by itself. Ok this may sounds stupid, but have you checked to make sure you have the ground and positive hooked to the right places?

·
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, i no that for a fact! but i am gonna play with it tomorrow a little maybe i had the subs wired wrong?!??!

·
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was brand spanking new, i called audiobahn themselves and they said it may be a short in the amp or some b.s., but i dont wanna waist the time and his $ to send it back!!!

·
Muff Divin' Member
2,031 Posts
could be a short somewhere else(not in the amp) in the system...happened to me once

try unhooking the RCAs from the amp (leave the subs/speakers and RTL still hooked up) and
see if it is still in protection mode

1 - 8 of 8 Posts