S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm hookin up my brother's s-10 (99, reg cab, no fac options), and i can't seem to find a good ground for the amp (BOSS RT-335 (250x2w)). does anyone know where to put a ground? i'm putting the amp right behind the driver, and i was thinkin about using the seat belt bolt to bolt the ground in. would this work?

also, the amp needs a remote turn on, but i don't know where to put it. i don't know if my bro's cd has a remote turn on (Pioneer DEH-46DH, SuperTuner III, 45wx4, single disc). could anyone help me w/ this one?

in case you are wondering i'm gonna be putting in a jenson 10" 525w. he wants me to put the sub in the bed (it has a hard tanneau (sp?)). do you know where i could put the speaker wires?

i know i shouldn't be here cuz i'm a honda guy, but i'm doin this for my bro. he likes the s-10. any help would be appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well I'm not familar with th reg. cab of an s10 so i cant help you out on where you should connect the ground, but i wouldnt connect it to the seat belt- that sounds like a horrible idea and I'm sure you can find something better. Just lift up the carpet- theres gotta be something there. Make the ground wire as short as possible. The remote wire should just be spliced into the light blue wire on your head unit wire harness. Hope this helps.

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
the head unit you are talkin bout does have a remote turn on lead. as for your ground dont use the seat belt bolt. u can make your own ground by using the floor of the cab, and make it short.."remember the shortest connection is always the best"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for your help so far. i have two probs left. one is where the ground should be. any ideas? it's my dad's truck, and he doesn't want me to drill or cut :mad: which really sux.

the other prob is that my bro wants the sub in the bed. are there any holes in the bed of a 99 that i could put speaker wires through? and a place for the wires to go out of the cab? sorry for being dumb.

thanks again

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
u might be able to use the drain holes in the bed, by the rear of the cab..for speaker wires. as for the ground..dunno what to tell u. it would be safer for you, and better for the amp if u grounded it to the metal its self. as for the cab, u would have to drill holes for the speaker wire to go through, the cab is all sealed, when doors are closed so options are limited

G

·
i used the the seat mounting stud for mine...and it works great......sooo...yeah..that is the easiest
L8r
Kenny
true the shortest connection provide the path of least reasisance....but...the seat stud..is fine for your purpose...b/c it is directly connected to the chassis and you want a good chassis ground...sooo...i would use it...just to save time...pop that 15mm off and run it back down ..you will be poudin in no time...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i finnally found a ground. i attached it to the jack stand holder. it works so i guess i'm good to go. one thing though, i attached the turn on lead to the light blue wire, and that didn't work, so i bought a toggle switch and just rerouted the wire back to the power wire. my bro can use the switch to turn it on and off. i just hope he doesn't forget to turn the switch off when he turns the truck off. we also tried the sub in the bed, and he couldn't hear it, so we just put the huge box into the cab, takin up a seat (hehe we put the seat belt around the box). o well, thanks again.

·
MECP Certified
403 Posts
when i grounded my amp i used a spot that is kind of hidden...the cover for the jack is behind the passenger seat, if you take that cover off it reveals a hole to the left revealing the body and the main supports for the b-pillars, i just popped my ground right to there...also, you might check on the back of the deck for a dark blue with a white stripe. that would be the remote

1 - 8 of 8 Posts