S-10 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
employed by chevrolet :)
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright so i have a basic sony head unit hooked up to a jensen amp and infinity sub. it all works fine if i want to listen to a radio station (which i never do because i only use the aux for my ipod) but when i swtich the source from radio to the cd player or aux my amp no longer receives power. so i can only use my subwoofer if listening to the radio. now i am no expert on rigging up car audio so it maybe something simple. yet ive swapped head units and amps(not because of this) and still the amp would only turn on if i was listening to the radio even after different ppl hooked it up each time. unfortunetly i do not have the manual to my headunit which i bought used but can anyone point me in the right direction here?

·
Tech Mod
30,700 Posts
kinda odd.... just to be 100% clear.

the amp shuts off...correct? like the power led shuts down and everything right?

if so, you can wire the remote wire to the ACC wire on the radio. basically that is the remote turn on wire for the head unit and serves the same purpose as the remote wire for the amp.

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea the green light on the amp only comes on under radio and then shuts off with the cd player and aux. i guess i could give that idea a try. i just need the amp to always be receiving power whenever the head unit is turned on, wouldnt think itd be that hard and idk why switching from radio, cd, and aux would mess that up.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
sounds like you have the amp remote wire hooked to the power antenna wire . usually blue with a white strip . it needs to be hooked to the solid blue wire .

·
Tech Mod
30,700 Posts
^ good call, i forgot all about that power antenna wire.

·
Square Body Owner
680 Posts
sounds like you have the amp remote wire hooked to the power antenna wire . usually blue with a white strip . it needs to be hooked to the solid blue wire .
you have it backwards the power antenna is solid blue and the remote wire is the blue with white stripe

·
Its that dam ADD!
4,742 Posts

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alrighty well ill get to fixing it then. thanks for the help guys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.