S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Certain parts are getting very hard to find for this engine and I was wondering if there are others out there with information, part sources, and experience with this engine? I bought this truck new and have been driving it daily for 36 years. In that time I have only seen 2 others like it. Both in junkyards.

·
time to get cereal
3,359 Posts
You might want to check chevy LUV and isuzu forums. I don't think there are many people here with them anymore. @Mad Max is knowledgeable I believe.

·
Boozebag
9,271 Posts
Thanks for the tag MBP...

Yes, the Isuzu engine is a rarity in these trucks. Only offered for a few years, they weren't power houses.
If you look up Isuzu I mark or Gemini, you will find more info.
I have a few of these engines and some performance parts. A weber side draft intake manifold, a Mallory distributor (!), a set of headers and a 32/36 Weber conversion for the Isuzu 4 banger.
They also came in the Isuzu "Opel" which is very rare. These were imported by Buick to take the place of the German Opel that Buick stopped importing in 1977 or so. I have a 2 door model with 31k miles on it.
Some time I'll try to post a few pix of it.
I also have a 1980 Isuzu I mark 4 door. It has 220k miles on it... Runs super.
This engine (or a close member of it) also came in the Chevy LUV (Light Utility Vehicle). The header I have is new old stock from a long time ago - made for a Chevy LUV.
If your carb starts acting up (most all I have seen do), a Weber replacement actually improves performance so much, you won't think you are driving the same truck.
I am pretty sure your truck has a Hitachi carb on it. Fine when new, but over time it becomes almost useless.

Post pix of your rig/engine if you can.

of course

1 - 3 of 3 Posts