S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
full size dippin
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or is this possible. keep in mind, i dont have an s10 so i did this

i guess you could get more travel and still have the bags on the axle with a parrallel 4 link setup without the need for a panhard bar.
but you guys don't run parralels so i made this so you can run a suicidedoors.com 3 link.

what do you think??? i think that the bushings in the "lift bars" wouldn't last long and your rear may sway from having the bags too far in. but you would get more travel. sorry i didnt show compressed and inflated but using paint sucks. thats inflated.

·
bonghits and bodydrops
17 Posts
man i just smoked some wicked good crack........

im freakin out

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
yewha I do believe that they would gith each other unless there was a way that the bars could colapse in to allow the movement, and then also I dont think it would work it seems like they would fight somehow and wouldnt move at all. DJD must know wheres he at

·
full size dippin
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All you would need are some dogbones like on the SD 5 link and that would work.
i was thinking that but i still think it'll move. i had this in my head like 4 years ago and it just came back to me somewhat. but i think i forgot something.

·
under construction
2,936 Posts
it would work if the bags were stationary....that would be a good idea i think for an IRS........but, other then that, i dont think it'll work.

·
92 x-cab in the works.
460 Posts
that is the same problem with the z-link...i don't see how it could work but if you did a triagulated four link then did that with dog links it would work...it would have to. Try and find out then let us know.

·
get laid/commit suicide
3,219 Posts

·
PAGING DR. FAGGOT!
7,371 Posts
Put the bags on top and make an upper crossmember and it would work.

·
Too broke to bag. :(
620 Posts
no it wont work but there are some variations that might. basically you've made a static airbag system........ Kinda defeats the purpose If your wanting to get low. Now If you made those inner ends cross and slide in a channel making a scissor action you might have something But I'm not sure how you could mount the bags yet.

I'll try to draw it up in paint.

·
First gen excab!
97 Posts
you would have little or no travel with those designs... if you were to push up the links would bolth push twards your diffbracket and at some point not go any further.. or they would push through possibly destroying your notch in the process.. they would have to slide in some way.. hmm.. Im gunna sit and think on this one..

·
Too broke to bag. :(
620 Posts
?? Those are drawn inflated as long as you kept you pressure switch set right it should only fill to that point. the trick is finding the right size bags. you might be able to widen the diff bracket to have 2 bags sit there but that wouldn't give you any side to side it would just reduce wobble that would happen with the monobag setup

1 - 20 of 34 Posts