S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided Im going to have to mount my subs behind my seats and I had my friend draw up a CAD of the box I plan on making out of fiberglass the way it looks know is that i will have about 1.28 cunic feet of air space for both of my alpine type E's to share is that enough?

Right now my buddy is playing with the design trying to get more air space without losing any more leg room

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know for sure but i was told awhile ago they needed between .6 and .75 I was hoping to get a more specific answer though.

they are 10's also

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know sh!t about audio other than I was able to install the system I will be puting in my truck in a buick

·
FELLOW S-10 ENTHUSIAST
940 Posts
According to Alpine's website, those subs (Type E 10") take anywhere from 0.60 to 1.25 cu. ft. sealed. If at all possible, I would try to have each sub in its own chamber. About .60 cu. ft. sealed should be enough, but it might not play as low as you'd like. If you are set on that design, then just add some polyfill for better bass extension.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay thanks for the imput but like i said I dont know much about car audio so what is polyfill and what does that cost and I will attempt to have each one have its own chamber

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
Polyfill is just like a stuffing material you can find it in the crafts department at wal-mart. It only costs like $3 for a bag. You'll have more than enough left over from just one bag. If you do get at least .60ft2 then you won't need any polyfill. Also do some research to see those alpines sound better in a sealed or ported box. I'm not too familiar with alpine so I can't tell you the answer to that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts