S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can find an aluminum radiator for the 2.2. So far the only ones I have found are for the 4.3 or the v8 conversion. I've tried searching on here but I cannot seem to find any definitive answer on it.

·
time to get cereal
7,148 Posts
Rockauto used to have one. I'm putting a Mishimoto Cobalt SS radiator in mine. Not quite a bolt-in affair though.

·
Registered
91 base=driver, 94 mid engine=build
224 Posts
Whats wrong with running a aluminum one for a 4.3 or v8(corvette) radiatior?

I paid something around $220 for some foreign made all aluminum v8 swap(corvette) radiatior with a aluminum shroud and 2 no name 12" fans that will get swapped out later.

My radiatior is back where the spare tire was previously because I will be running a 5.3 hard and wanted the additional coolant and weight distributions.

But I used the old stock 2.2 radiatior for mockup. The all aluminum v8 conversion one is just a bit thicker.

As long as your thermostat and fan clutch(if equiped) is working a larger radiatior is not going to hurt anything. You may need to trim a bit in spots depending on the radiatior used.

If you want in a direct bolt in rock has many good radiatiors with plastic sides that can be shipped to your door for around $120ish.

·
Registered
91 base=driver, 94 mid engine=build
224 Posts
Sorry about that. Turns out I used an old 2.5 radiatior for mockup.

I understand wanting to run all aluminum those plastic necks like to crack.

But maybe you can play with the hose routing etc. As a 2.2 s10 all aluminum one is a bit of a nitch.
Wall Building Gas Composite material Wood

1 - 6 of 6 Posts