S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know some of the altezzas are illegal now, for all i know, they are all illegal now. what i was wondering is are these on the illegal list?

Attachments

·
I rape little boys
1,329 Posts
i have them on my truck..never had any problems.....technically....they are all illegal....at least in Va...but...i have them on mine..and several of my buddies have them...and nobody has had any problems...

·
True Ambition
3,527 Posts
got'em

I have those in PA and got pulled over for "running" a stop sign and they didnt saying anything about them.

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they do say dot something or other, but i still get beef over them here in pa. i was wondering about va cuz thats where i'll be at the end of the summer and i heard they have tighter restrictions.

·
I rape little boys
1,329 Posts
ahhh...where in Va?? you must have what a month to live...right...b/c everyday seems like an eternity..soo..you want the most out of your month to live..right?...lol.....

·
I rape little boys
1,329 Posts
nah...here in richmond...the bacon...is bullsh!t.....they wo'n't mess with ya...unless..they can get ya for something more major...(i.e. seat belts, speeding,)....they will pick your car/truck to death now...if they pull you for one of those reasons...lol...but you can usuall get out of ticked for lights and sh!t easy

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
lexus is has nothing to do with it bro......those have reflectors somewhere on the side of the car..........those lights should be legal cause they have that circle which is your side reflector........make sure you put a red bulb in where it lights the tailight up....the one you can see in the clear

·
I rape little boys
1,329 Posts
umm...actually the exact statment in the state inspection manual is...."any non factory lenses on the"....but not in those exact words....the lexus is factory soo..it is cool...the ligthinin is factory so it is cool...the s-10 is not factory...so they will **** with you

·
Chain-smokin' member
135 Posts
sorry to drag up old threads, but those are the same lights i just bought and they look badass with red side marker bulbs; there's just enough silver backing to give them a classy glow; in the daytime the look like just another altezza, but at night they're great for show; and with red sides you really can't tell that they're altezzas until you get right up on them; ok i'll shut up now;

anyone interested --RSversion.com $58/pr-- also avail. in gunmetal

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does anyone have pics of these or other tail lights on there trucks, I am looking for some . not sure which ones i want so many to choose from!
Thanks

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
from what ive heard from my dad if u have the red ur fine...even the total clear/frosted lights are legal bc theres a hint of red in them at all times(at least ones ive seen on a neon, teg and silverado)....the whole side reflector thing i only heard brought up once...and the altezzas i like are the apc 3d retro in CF casing(my trucks onyx black)

·
Registered
902 Posts
I'VE GOT SOME ALTEZZAS JUST LIKE THE ONES IN THE PIC, AND I HAVEN'T HAD ANY TROUBLE WITH THE COPS. (KNOCK ON WOOD)
THEY LOOK FRESH, THE COPS ARE JUST JEALOUS. LOL. I DO THINK THAT THEY HAVE SOMETHING ON THEM THAT SAYS THEY ARE D.O.T APPROVED SO I WOULD SAY YOU ARE IN THE CLEAR.

PEACE

1 - 20 of 26 Posts