S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Pierced Member
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its starting to become winter in Michigan, already seeing snow :rolleyes: So im getting a winter car which if all things come out right its going to be a 93 Cadillac Deville. Now I have a question about the alternator as the topic above says heh. The Alternator in the Deville is a 140A alternator. I am going to put a system in the caddy and was looking to power it with 1800watts. Would me getting this big of a amp be a strain on the alternator? If so what about 1100watts? I plan on getting a new battery im just wondering if I would have to get a new alternator also.

-Jp

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
1800watts eh? what u gonna feed with that? lol...i dunno about strainin your alt..i have a 1500watt amp..wen the bass would hit all the lights in my truck that were on besides the hu and the logo on the amp would dim...haha..and my voltage meter needle by the speedo would drop down 2 lines everytime that would happen..lol its funny..i think you'll be fine..tho..oh my alt was stock..good luck :D

·
Pierced Member
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im going to be using a Tsunami 1800 watt amp to power 2 Resonant Engineering HC 15s. Giving each sub around 900 will almost get the subs to their full xmax.

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
oh very good choice IMO...dayum you'll be rattlin the cars around you eheh..good luck :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts