S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
It worked for Superman
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just installed my 4-channel amp its a US Acoustics USX4065. I have the speaker wires run on both sides of my truck and the power wire run down the middle. My amp is mounted on the plastic behind the the third seat and I have it grounded on the floor pan behind the seat. At first I thought the wine was from my power wire too close to my speaker or RCA cables but I checked and they had plenty of distance. Then I came to the conclusion that it was my ground. So I moved my ground from under one of the bolts that secures the third seat to the floor pan behind the seat. I sanded down the paint until I saw the nice shiny metal and then mounted it. There are two things left that I think it could be tell me what you think. My ground wire is 3ft which from what I read is pretty damn long so I am thinking of cutting that down. Second I have the ground wire secured with a small self tapping screw and I read that I should use a 3/8in. bolt. Tell me what ya think.

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
Well maybe its something wrong with the RCAs? You've already moved the ground and it didn't fix it. Im not positive but you should be able to unhook the RCAs from the amp and if you still hear the whine then its gotta be a ground. Again, I'm not positive it works like that but its worth a shot.

·
It worked for Superman
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh one more thing to add. The RCAs I have installed have a remote wire built in with them. The wire runs in between the middle of the left a right cables on the RCA cable. Would this cause any noise?

·
It worked for Superman
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I tried what Inferno Sonoma said. I pulled my RCAs out and the whine went away. But like he said he isn't sure if thats how it works. So if it is the ground and when I pulled the RCAs out would I still hear the whine or will it always go away when you pull them out. If the whine should still be there if its the ground then either my RCAs are bad or I need to run my REM wire with my power wire.

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
Try you head unit ground. I chased the same problem around forever, turned out the factory wire harness wasn't the best ground. I clipped the wire before the harness and put a piece of 12 guage on it, found a bolt that supported the dash on the firewall and grounded it there. Perfect, no noise at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts