S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok if my remote turn on wire (skinny blu wire) is run right next to my rca's, thats where my alternator whine is coming from right?

I'm guessing thats what its from...i havnt gotten time to check

thanks.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Probaly not. There is next to no current on the 'rem' line. What's the make and model of the HU and amp?

·
FI Car Audio FTW!!!
1,615 Posts
99% of all grounding issues come from bad grounds. How is the amp's ground? Bare metal? Is that metal part of the truck or just a sheet of metal spot-welded to the truck?

Also if your head unit's ground sux that can cause it. Run a new ground to behind the dash....

Tempe

·
Registered
325 Posts
It's a Pioneer. Do you have a DMM and know how to measure resistance?
If so check the resistance from the HU's chassis to the HU's RCA ground (out side connector on the RCA jack). It should be vary low, for a Pioneer it should be near 0 ohms. If not there is now or was a bad ground in the system that damage the HU. But it can be corrected. The other thing to try would be to, with the system one and noise present, take a small screw drive and press it to the chassis of the HU then at the same time hit the RCA ground. You may have to put the RCA connector out a little to get at the RCA ground. Did the noise stop?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts