S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help i went to fit my 350 in my s-10 and my current power steering brackets wont work. The engine is from a 72 blazer and the power steering is mounted directly across from the crankshaft so it runs into the power steering gearbox. So i am trying to figure out what brackets i need to bolt the ps up a little higher than move the alternator to the passengers side. The alternator right now is on the drivers side.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Brackets

Try the set up from a 79/80 camaro,monte carlo,etc. but there shouldnt be much difference in the long water pump models from these years.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the short water pump, will that matter?

·
Registered
618 Posts
If you cant figure it out or if you want to go custom go here http://www.alangrovecomponents.com I bought my mid-mount alt. bracket from them. Good service and shipped quickly and their stuff is not weak by any means, real heavy duty. Check it out they sell sets or indiviual brackets for both short and long water pump setups. The sell stuff for F*rd and other brands too.

This link will bring you right to the short water pump section. http://www.alangrovecomponents.com/new_page_5.htm

·
Registered
745 Posts
short pump

except for the corvette ,chevy stopped using the short pump years ago.You should still be able to get some brackets though,although the after market brackets and pullys are more expensive than the long pump parts.it may be easier to change to the long pump because of the availability of the used parts.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just found a way to mount it higher and still use the stock bracket. i will try to get a pic when i am finished.

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
I would like to see this pic...I am getting ready to have the same problem...if you don't have a pic could you tell me what you did...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts