S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dime Dragger
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was coming home last night and my truck trew a SES light... i shut it off... and waited a min... started it up... and it was fine.. had oil pressure... temp was good...... but i noticed my lights were dimming bad.... i have door poppers... Viair 450.. system 2 12's 450 watt amp... and a few other things... now my "?" is... it came on solide but never came bac on... if my alternater is going belly up.. would it throw a SES???:rock:

·
I hate everyone
4,628 Posts
uhhh my alt is baaaad... when my comp's turn on my lights dim real bad.. gotta stay on gas to keep up RPM's.. goes down to about 8-9 volts and my SES light has never come on

·
Early Member
3,167 Posts
Possibly, it could throw a code. I would check and see if any codes are stored. Watch your voltages gauge to see what is going on. You might be overloading the system.

·
Dime Dragger
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well when i have the sterio on.. the lights were diming out really bad last night.. and if i would pull out with the truck boggin.. the lights would dim too... and when it happind i had the heater... sterio and copressor runnin? i tryed disconnecting the battery today and the truck stayed runnin... idk.. it did it once last yr.. and never came bac on... now it came on last night... and has yet to come bac on????:barf:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Disconnecting the battery while the engine is running isn't a very good alternator test, but it is a great way to fry the alternator diodes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts