S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
rep indiana
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

There are like 6 "Custom User EQ" settings like User EQ 1 User EQ 2 but there are no way to adjust them!? Anyone have any experiance with this?

·
Zr2USA = B_Rich
2,657 Posts
Press and hold the "Menu" button until you get 3 options. Crossover, EQ and Time correction.

You can go into the crossover settings and set the crossover points for your outputs (aka, speaker and sub amps).

Equalizer settings can be changed with the EQ option. It has a 5 band EQ built in.

Time correction can be changed with the 3rd settings, but I never noticed a difference when I did mine, so I always left it be.

Hope that helps, once you figure that headunit out, you'll love it. I'm very happy with my 9855 (which is basically the same thing cept with a different display, 4v preouts and I can change the color of my 4 buttons).

·
rep indiana
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its pretty sharp in the truck thats why i'd like to keep it but i was thinking if i couldn't get this work i'd have to sell it. thanks for the help big time vortec. the player was in the truck when i bought it otherwise i'd look up the manual

·
rep indiana
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Press and hold the "Menu" button until you get 3 options. Crossover, EQ and Time correction.

You can go into the crossover settings and set the crossover points for your outputs (aka, speaker and sub amps).

Equalizer settings can be changed with the EQ option. It has a 5 band EQ built in.

Time correction can be changed with the 3rd settings, but I never noticed a difference when I did mine, so I always left it be.

Hope that helps, once you figure that headunit out, you'll love it. I'm very happy with my 9855 (which is basically the same thing cept with a different display, 4v preouts and I can change the color of my 4 buttons).

repped +1

·
rep indiana
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey also. once i'm in the EQ settin where i can adjust + or - how do i get ot the diffrent bands? its only letting me adjust one and it seems whatever button i hit on the cd player it doesn't do anything?

·
Zr2USA = B_Rich
2,657 Posts
hey also. once i'm in the EQ settin where i can adjust + or - how do i get ot the diffrent bands? its only letting me adjust one and it seems whatever button i hit on the cd player it doesn't do anything?
Ok so.... Once you've gotten into the EQ menu (right after you've pressed the EQ button) you will have the option to adjust 5 bands. You can change the frequency point, the slope of the signal, and +/- 6 (how loud/soft that band is, basically).

To change the frequency point: Have the band that you want to adjust viewable, and you'll need to slide your finger to the left or right on the glide touch bar. You'll see one of the numbers change on the screen. Adjust as needed.

To change the slope: Once you're on the EQ menu, and you're on the band you want to adjust, press the "source" button to change the slope. I can't remember what the incraments are, sorry (I wanna say 6/12/18/24db per octave). Basically, it just adjusts how long or short the signal rolls off that frequency point (which you just set in step 1).

And to go +/- 6, when you're on the band you want to adjust, just scroll the volume knob forward or backward and you'll go from -6 to +6. It basically changes how loud that band is; adjust as needed.

Oh and btw, to go from band to band (on the EQ) just press the "Band" button on the headunit that is just to the right of the "Source" button, you'll see it.

Hope that answers your question for ya.

·
rep indiana
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow thanks man.

My old JVC was so much easier to do the same shit. When you went to the EQ screen it showed a full on graphic of the entire EQ, kind of like Windows Media player.. and let you hit the left or right arrow buttons to adjust the hi mid low and up or down to adjust the + or - and all you had to do was hit the select button to switch to the slope adjust

now its so diffrent i might sell this CD player and just buy my a new JVC similar to my old one.

Thanks for the help, its been a great help considering my 12" RE audio sub gets here thursday.

·
Good Bye SonomaST
7,149 Posts
dont sell it, once you get accustomed to a Alpine, you will never leave them, my dad liked my old one so much he bought one......and my dad doesn't do aftermarket lol. I'm on my second one and still love Alpine and have NO intentions of ever using any other brand

·
Zr2USA = B_Rich
2,657 Posts
dont sell it, once you get accustomed to a Alpine, you will never leave them, my dad liked my old one so much he bought one......and my dad doesn't do aftermarket lol. I'm on my second one and still love Alpine and have NO intentions of ever using any other brand
When it comes to headunits, Alpine knows what they're talking about.

I'm not a fan of their newer line of headunits, they don't do nearly as much as the older ones do.

That 9853 is from '04-'05 and you'll regret selling it. The 9853 was Alpine's 2nd most high end headunit of the time. Get accustomed to it, you'll be glad you did.

Alpine > JVC

·
Registered
239 Posts
the one better is 9855 and i still have it. lol i took i out and put this in. your welcome. also if you want the manual pm your ad. and i will send it to you.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
The new 2009 Alpine stuff isn't what it use to be. Im glad I got my D310 when I could.

·
Forvm Lurker
797 Posts
on my 5th alpine h/u.. not by choice. loved them all tho.. once you go alpine, nothing else just seems fine

·
Zr2USA = B_Rich
2,657 Posts
the one better is 9855 and i still have it. lol i took i out and put this in. your welcome. also if you want the manual pm your ad. and i will send it to you.
Yeah I've got the 9855 too. I've been VERY happy with it over the past year or so.

The new 2009 Alpine stuff isn't what it use to be. Im glad I got my D310 when I could.
I couldn't agree with you more. All my friends ask me for a recommendation on a headunit, and I just say "you're better off buyin used" and they just don't seem to understand that "they don't make them like they used to."

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hey man this helped me I’m able to get to the crossover settings and all but once I set them how do I save them? Every time I have it set to how I like it I’ll press one the buttons on the glide bar and it makes me select custom user 12345 whatever and it wipes out what I’ve adjusted

·
time to get cereal
3,421 Posts
Let this 11 year old thread RIP. These people probably have moved on a long time ago.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
24,692 Posts
Hey man this helped me I’m able to get to the crossover settings and all but once I set them how do I save them? Every time I have it set to how I like it I’ll press one the buttons on the glide bar and it makes me select custom user 12345 whatever and it wipes out what I’ve adjusted
Check mfg website for owners manual..and start your own thread in Sound/Security.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.