S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Now i have my real truck!
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok iv asked a few people about these amps already but im in need of some other opionions. I have kind of strayed away from kicker amps because if i get another l7 10" i want it to be 1000watts at either 1 ohm or 4 ohm. but not being way to expensive like the 2500.1. so i got to looking at alpine stuff because i know there quality is great(i bought one of there head units) so i need a 600 watt amp at 2 ohms and if i got another speaker i would just by another one and have two amps running two speakers, so i can keep them at 2 ohms also.

ok iv been looking at this one

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16412

(starting to like this one because if i end up buying 2 400 bucks isn't that bad at all)

or this one also
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14927

(also not to bad on the price)

or this one which is a lot high but 1000 watts at 4 ohms

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17271

(there are dual 4 ohms speakers so i can run them at either 4 ohms or 1 ohm)

so i need some opinons

·
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and also the ones that i notice have the 4in. tweeter, and 6.5 or 5 1/4(not sure what size yet) are the 3 way coponent systems, but they are really expensive to me also, whith components when it says 60 watt rms does that mean u can run the tweeter, 4in, and 6.5 all at 60 watts not sure how that works or do u run 60 watts rms to them a pece throught the crossover??

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
check out the alpine mrp - 650 amp, it puts out i beleive 600 watts rms at 2 ohms, i have the one right below it, i love the amp, very clean power

·
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok guys iv been looking into the sx series amps that kicker has and i went to kicker.com and clicked on the demo, and man this amp does everything and its all digital which is awesome im really starting to consider this amp, the only thing im not sure about is the wattage does the sx1250.1 1250 watts at 4 ohms?? because it is 1250 at both 1 ohm and 2 ohms i was jsut wondering and if i got 2 l7 10" would this be to much power for them if i put it in a ported box??? i know i would have to turn the amp down a little(digitally lol) it even tells u how many volts that is going to the amp which is an awesome feature any help would be great

·
Erik
116 Posts
go with the alpine pdx-1.1000. i got a 300 watt mrd version to an old type r it sounds good for 300 watts.. i think you it should be able to push those l7s..... i like them alpine mono amps.

·
Erik
116 Posts
cool...... i'll be gettin a pdx 4.100 probly next week. ill see how it goes let me know later if you got questions about it. maybe in a couple of months i will be trying out the pdx 1.1000 to see what it does

·
blazinb2000
405 Posts
I have the alpine mrd-605 and I love it. It shows 650 on the birthsheet and I have had it well over a year with 0 problems. It is also fully digital. I also bought mine from the same place.

·
blazinb2000
405 Posts
Id say it is about the same. The alpine has mainly the same options and settings. It has the display showing temp. voltage and all that stuff, has all the filters,gain, bass, and memorizes settings. The alpine does not have the stuff like max temp, max volts, but thats not really needed. Like I said I have had mine a year and a half with 0 problems. It sounds really good and puts out good power. The alpine 605 and the kicker 650 seem to have about the same options. Id just go with whatever is cheaper or personal preference.

·
blazinb2000
405 Posts
ok iv been searching around on ebay and have found that i can get a pdx 600.1 for about $270 shipped or the kicker sx 650.1 for $328 shipped?? so should i still go with kicker
For those prices I would go with the alpine 605 for 228 from the link you posted in the earlier post from onlinecarstereo.com. Plus it has free shipping. I do not think the differences between the alpine 605 and kicker would make up the 100 dollar difference.

·
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
im just worried about that alpine not being enough to push that speaker its going to be ported and and the kicker website says for a ported speaker it is 450 watts rms?? would i be ok to run it at 600 watts?? and with the 750.1 would i need to turn it down a pretty good bit??

·
Erik
116 Posts
dude i just ordered my pdx 4.100:p ill let ya know how it does once i get it. also, back in the day when i got my mrd m 300 amp it lend it to my friend and he was pushing a 10 inch l7 on a ported box we made to kicker spects. it did push it good but we felt it needed more since it is just a 300 watt amp. but if you happen to get one that thumps enouth watts alpine wont let you down. youll like it. (i was told to stay away from alpine if it wasn't a stereo i didn't and i liked the result):cool:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts