S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
theres a place around my house that i pick up all my audio supplies at called accutek. last summer i went there and bought a rockford fosgate punch 500 (max watts=766), and 2 jl w3's. i have a carpeted box that goes all the way across the back of my reg. cab sonoma. i usually turn it up to 20 on my pioneer cd player and adjust the volume with the bass control. well the first set were screwed up from the factory. they had the wires from the terminal to the woofer too short so i ripped the out. so they gave me another set and now one of them is making a some noise. i went back to the store and they told me that my punch 500 is overkill for those speakers. i thought jl w3's had a 250watt rms and 500 watt max (10" btw). anyway my question is if i bought some w6's do the mount any deeper into the box? i already had to scarf out the back of the box a little for the w3's.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
stick with the w3. it has the newer technology (vrc) which the older w6s do not and the w3 is considered a better sub even though it has less power hanlding. your amp is 766 max and the only way the subs will see that power is if you have the volume jacked up all the time. the 10w3 should not have a problem with that power. adjust the gains and bass accordingly and you should not have a problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts