S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope someone can help me. I was wondering if you convert a 1st gen s blazer over to all wheel drive? I hear that the bravada awd will convert over is that true? But my blazer is only 2 wheel drive does it have to be 4 wheel drive to convert?
Thanks for any help.:stickpoke

:bowdown: :whip:

·
Insane Network Engineer
5,965 Posts
If you had a 4x4 it would be a snap, since you have a 2wd it's a bit more involved... The front suspension is completely different between the 2wd and the 4x4/awd.... You either A: Need to get a 4x4 frame or B: Cut the front portion of the frame at the firewall off and replace it with the front portion off of a 4wd truck... This is very invoilved and lots of structure stuff to take into consideration... Easier to just get the frame...

After that you will need the AWD transfer case and the tranny tail and drive shaft.... Front diff, and CV's ECM and wire harness... After that really it's just assembly

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will have to look for a 4x4 then. I am trying to make a typhoon wannabe. I don't know if it will work but i think it will still be better than just 2wd. thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awd

i am still checking into the conversion . i am trying to get it as close as posible to a typhoon as i can. so i will be doing a lot of research. but i will be keep ya'll posted. i just hope it is worth the time and money:bowtie: :barf: :bh:

·
Kramerica Industries
342 Posts
Typhoon--Blazer edition.

Could be the best idea anyone's ever had!!

I assume your going to put a Turbo on?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ooohhhh yes indeed. intercooler, the works. of course i will try to improve on the typhoon here and there, like the cheap pistons.,or so people tell me, they tend to break or something. i think the newer L35 4.3 V6 will be a good mate for it with a good charger,intercooler combo. i am also considering a LS1 conversion but i don't know if it will fit with the AWD

·
Phoenix
505 Posts
Suckiemay: I am not sure of the LS1, but the LT1 will fit with the awd. I have been considering this conversion for my Bravada for awhile. I think it would make a great sleeper, not a race car (truck) by any means but very capable of surprising a few people.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that is xzactaly what i am trying to go for too. a sleeper. something i could drive like almost everyday. that is why i am leaning more towards a 4.3V6. i don't thing the v8 would be fuel efficient enough for the way i drive. but i want to shut some mouths up around here also (if you know what i mean) they'll shut up when they're suckin exhaust.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found a used LT1 (miles unknown but said to be not much) with the computer, wires, pumps, alt, ... everything for $1500. Is that a bad deal? I think it is a C4 engine but not sure i will have to check. what do yall think

·
Lunatic
257 Posts
rlith said:
CV's ECM and wire harness... After that really it's just assembly
these parts aren't needed, halfshafts are the same as 4wd ones and if you use the BW 4472 case like a syty, bravada or astro then there isn't an ecm or wiring to deal with.
if you use the newer "on demand" type of t-case then you will need the wiring and ecm.
you also left out that he'll need a bravada or syty propshaft, tranny crossmember, t-case adapter and t-case brace.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts