S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im almost done with all my body work on my s10 and i shaved all body lines and door handles. i used fiberglass strips and then mudded over them(sanded them down and made it smoothe first). but now im wondering if i should've welded metal fillers in instead of fiberglassing them..... does anyone know or think the fiberglass will crack out.... id rather fix it now than after i paint it.. thanks in advance

·
Registered
218 Posts
I do know that fiberglass and metal shrink and expand at different rates. Someone told me b/c of that you'll see the outline of where the fiberglass meets the metal eventually. But if you mudded over the glass I dont think that'd happen.

However, I have not personally done this or seen it, so I can't say for sure if the person that told me is correct. I'm just throwin it out there, maybe someone can verify it or not.

·
stone the crow...
3,251 Posts
im almost done with all my body work on my s10 and i shaved all body lines and door handles. i used fiberglass strips and then mudded over them(sanded them down and made it smoothe first). but now im wondering if i should've welded metal fillers in instead of fiberglassing them..... does anyone know or think the fiberglass will crack out.... id rather fix it now than after i paint it.. thanks in advance

I would just cut that stuff out now bro before its too late. It may work for awhile but sooner or later the fillers gonna crack or shrink then you will see where you filled in the body lines and handles.

·
Do What Now?
541 Posts
Unless its welded it will crack, I have had this experience with a Honda before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts