S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Smoke Those Baby Ricers
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here it goes. I'm going all out on my 2003 S10 X-Cab and I need some good pricing and some tips, on how to not get riped off and where to buy. I need a NEW LS1 engine W/computer a vette tranny, vette engine acc's A/C, alt, Power steer, engine mounts Etc. good wiring harness custom probably and if you all can think of anything I would need to make this work, let me know no expense spared i want to do this mod RIGHT. i want to move the fuel tank to back where the spare tire used to be so know of any company's that can make that work also. i also want to do a custom Rear axle so let me know on that. so as you can see i want to go bling bling on this.

if there is anything you need to send me here is my E-mail
[email protected]

·
weatherman
2,159 Posts
well, for a brand new ls1 engine, talk to a dealership. they can get you all the accessories and parts you need as well. as for the fuel tank, get a fuel cell and build a mount back there for it. for a good custom harness, contact Jared @ current performance wiring. he can build you one to what you want. go to www.leeshightechtrucks.com and follow the links for wiring. as for a rear, i'd get a ford 9" and contact moser to get them to make some custom axles for it. that will probably be your best bet.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Well, if you are planning on going with an auto, you will not be able to use the Vette tranny since it is kind of mounted to the rear axle of the Vette. You would need a Camaro tranny if anything. Unless you want to go so custom on the rear end that you want to use the Vette transaxle, but then you are asking for a world of hurt and $$$$.
The other thing about the Vette engine is the electric Throttle, you would need a Camaro or truck TB.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
well, I just hope yours works. I think maybe now I shouldn't have wired it up to explode and take out as many Noles as possible.
Go Gators!!

·
Smoke Those Baby Ricers
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, thanks for the help. i will be contacting some of you in the near future for part's but until then keep giving out some great help on this huge project.

·
weatherman
2,159 Posts
97 SS 350 said:
well, I just hope yours works. I think maybe now I shouldn't have wired it up to explode and take out as many Noles as possible.
Go Gators!!
i'm sure you'll probably be rooting for the canes in the bowl game. hey, what were the 2 things you told me i needed for the harness? i know was was the temp sensor from my old engine, what was the other...i can't remember

·
weatherman
2,159 Posts
hmmmm....maybe that was it. and you'll just be taking out me and my dad if this thing blows. unless of course you set it on a delay. but let me know when it's scheduled to blow so i can make sure i'm giving chris rix a ride. the school will thank me.

·
Smoke Those Baby Ricers
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, I have another question. What is the BIGGEST engine i can get in that S10 without completely re-inventing the wheel on the front end.

·
Wyotech = October
1,356 Posts
any small block..

·
Smoke Those Baby Ricers
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, today i was looking at trannys and i found a turbo 400 raptor and that would work with the LS1. now is that better than the 4L60E tranny, or should i go with the 400 here is the site that i got this from. and if there is something better on there that i didn't see that would be better.

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/4L60E.htm#LS1 Motor to 400 Transmission

·
Strictly Domestic
2,865 Posts
Too bad you dont live close, I could give you a good deal on a brand new LS1

·
Registered
140 Posts
The difference with the Raptor and a plain 400 is just that the Raptor is built. The kit that Transmission Center sends with it adapts it to teh LS1, b/c it's not a direct bolt on. The 400 is much stronger than the 4l60e, however, it saps more power. There are built LS1 f-bods with vacuum actuated 4l60's running very low 10's, however, most people just switch. Just depends on how much power you want, and what you're going to do with it. A 400 also doesn't require any wiring or programming, so it could make things a little easier.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts