S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '98 s10 ext cab v6 with 305k miles. New compressor, hoses , accumulator, orifice tube. Evacuated for 1.5 hours and charged with 30oz of R-134a back in June. Pressures are 44psi low and 230psi high in the shade. Ambient temperature 82 degrees. The lowest temp out of the center vents that I've recorded is 59 at idle and 57 at highway speed.

Is this a blend door actuator issue. I get a grinding sound when turning the manual control from cold to hot and back again. In the past I've recorded temperatures in the 39-44 deg range. Also at highway speeds it blows warm air for a minute or two then blows cold again. There is plenty of condensation on the accumulator that drips off and puddles under the truck so I'm pretty sure the charge is correct. I even hosed off the condenser for 30 minutes. Still did not lower temps.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
Post is a bit stale, but no one replied.

Yes, look into the grinding noise, obviously.

Additionally, it is my understanding that R134a condensers are normally replaced when compressors are replaced due to difficulty in flushing. Did you flush the evaporator? Condenser?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Post is a bit stale, but no one replied.

Yes, look into the grinding noise, obviously.

Additionally, it is my understanding that R134a condensers are normally replaced when compressors are replaced due to difficulty in flushing. Did you flush the evaporator? Condenser?
No. I did not flush the condenser nor the evaporator. I replaced the compressors because they were leaking refrigerant not because of catastrophic failure.

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
1,291 Posts
? did you PHYSICALLY look inside your heater/cooler and check for the condition it is in- grinding noise could be junk preventing door from closing off the hot side .
Check inspection camera that attaches to your phone for the win.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
? did you PHYSICALLY look inside your heater/cooler and check for the condition it is in- grinding noise could be junk preventing door from closing off the hot side .
Check inspection camera that attaches to your phone for the win.
How do you do this without ripping out most of the dash?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
26,282 Posts
You're about to get intimate with your dash...Do a search for BravadaX. He has it down to a fine art...probably 20-30 minutes tops.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts