S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bass Junkie
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took my S-10 to get an alignment at the dealership...and they told me they couldnt do it since they didn't have the specs. And they didn't want to scratch up there pretty little machine:cry: ....dragging my rails across it. Now does anyone know of a place in San Diego or really close by that could do the alignment? Also they said if I wanted it done right, it would cost about 350.00 because they had to do some notching and stuff. Is this true?? Anyways, any info would be appreciated. FYI: I have a 3" drop on the front end (5" in the rear) with 2" drop spindles and 1" drop springs. Thanks!

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
i have three inch drop springs up front and i had a local tire shop align mine. they had no problems. and it was $50. sounds like the dealer is tryin to pull a fat one on ya.:bash:

·
Bass Junkie
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah I figured as such since the geometry isn't really changed much. I think they were just too lazy. Thanks for the info...I guess I will call around.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
ConnecticutS10 said:
Does anyone know the specs?
Unless their equipment was really old they should have the specs. I suspect they just didn't want to mess with it. If it were me I would go to a place with a new Hunter Alingment system. I used Hunter for years and they are the best in my opinion. Also, even if they had to do some notching it wouldn't cost 350 dollars. It sounds like these guys are just being d#c#s. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts