S-10 Forum banner
161 - 180 of 220 Posts

· Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
Temps are dropping...no excuse... 😂 😂
i know... ive got a core support repair on a fusion, candy and flake on a roof of a cadi, a new LS crate got dropped off for the lifted silverado, and a C1 just got dropped off for body work and full primer.

· B4U Task Force Admin
34,481 Posts
i know... ive got a core support repair on a fusion, candy and flake on a roof of a cadi, a new LS crate got dropped off for the lifted silverado, and a C1 just got dropped off for body work and full primer.
Well....in that case... 😂 😂

· Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
Got the cab rolled over to the side, and chassis up on the lift. Pulled the start and convertor bolts, next will be pulling the trans to get it readied to take to the shop monday morning.
I might redo my exhaust as i have never fully liked the way it turned out.
Got the front window installed, and the rear cut out.

Tire Vehicle Hood Wheel Automotive tire

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Tire Tread

· Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
Was able to get the trans and a junk trans i had to the trans builder. There is nothing wrong with my trans other than the leaky wiring plug, but since it is so accessible i sent it to the shop to be opened up and inspected. I'm really hard on this truck, and we'll see if any clutches or bands are showing any signs of it.
the junk trans i am having stripped down to a shell, so i can use it for setting up mounts and other builds i have going on..i have a broken LS block i use for the same thing.

Been chasing this leak for a while now. Glad to see it'll finally be taken care of...

White Light Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design

Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting

Attachments

· Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Over the weekend the trans builder called and said everything looked good in the trans. He replaced the wiring, so that leak should be finally gone.
He did say there was a small amount of something on the bottom of the pan, but the bands/clutches all looked good.
So were going to send out the converter to be cut open and inspected. Maybe the clutch inside is failing.
Depending on the outcome, i might just bite the bullet and buy a better billet converter with a double or triple clutch and never worry about it again.

· Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
Picked up the transmissions, and dropped off my converter.

One trans is just an empty case for doing mock-ups on builds we have going on.
Not sure if you can see the marks but every 2 years for the last 6 years this trans has been pulled and taken to the shop. Kinda funny.

Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Track
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Engineering

· Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
Didn't get as much accomplished this weekend on customers vehicles as I hoped for, but, during the off hours, we got the trans installed and set Alice's cab back down on the chassis.

What was accomplished during the down time was:
shaved and painted firewall and bottom of cab, ran new AC and heater lines, sent transmission and torque converter out for inspection (trans looked good, no hot spots on clutches, and converter was cut open, and discovered a leaky clutch apply 'servo' so it was replaced.. the lock-up clutch looked fine for the 10-15K miles on it), downsized and relocated trans cooler, 6 piston Wilwood big brake kit, purchased all new windows, upgraded heat padding on firewall and floors, added new carpet, had all interior pieces wrapped in suede and factory GM style cloth. Now working on fabricating seat mounts, custom dash, and the installation of the Dakota Digital gauge set with the latest full digital AC controls that integrate the Vintage Air GenIV system to the Dakota Digital gauges and other system components within the vehicle.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle

· Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·

· Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
today i have bent up new front brake lines from the master cylinder to the T to both front calipers.
Steel braided lines and new hardware to mount the lines close to the upper control arms.

I have ordered a parallel 4 link kit from 'ridetech' as i like their rebuildable link ends, and have received the new double adjustable coil overs.

im changing my water pump over to the LS3 style to route my upper hose a better with my dual snorkel im building.
Gas Auto part Machine Metal Wood
Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Gas Auto part

im trying to get as much accomplished this month in order to be ready for the 1800 mile one-way trip to Turkey Drag this coming December.

next up is finishing my custom dash..... ugh

Art Auto part Gas Font Glass

· Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
the stainless ebay headers turned pretty ugly looking. I could polish them, but who really has time for that.
So, i pulled them and sent out for high heat ceramic coating.. the picture is bead blasted and waiting to go in the oven..

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Car Automotive exhaust Automotive design
Wood Gas Pipe Metal Auto part

· Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Such a rad rebuild

· Premium Member
3,091 Posts
Be good to finally meet you in person at Turkey Drag. My favorite show in TX.

· Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
working on the heat/AC lines, got the headers bolted back on after cerakote, new upper control arms mounted, and working on modifying the ALT bracket for the LS3 water pump...

Still need to pull the intake to swap out the oil PSI sensor, and r/r the old injectors with the new ones.
After that some tuning, and we should be good to start doing some miles. Turkey Drag will be here soon...

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar Gas Automotive exterior

161 - 180 of 220 Posts