S-10 Forum banner
141 - 160 of 220 Posts

· Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 · (Edited)
While I had the cab apart i got a few parts from the local junk yard. New Interior pieces, such as kick panels, A and B pillar plastics, and then dropped those along with my headliner off to the upholster. I had the headliner redone before I left for Iraq, but while i was gone some items were placed upon it and caused indentations in the foam. So, all the parts are being wrapped with a late model GM style headliner material, and about kick panel height the lower portion of the B pillar, kick panels and door sils will be wrapped with a black suede. My seats, and steering wheel are already done in a gray leather with the Bugatti style stitching. I used black carperting, but I still have to complete my dash, and door panels. Those are taking some time due to being custom made, and I keep changing the style.

I took the door wires pass-through boots from the junk yard, and boiled them at about 200 degrees for a few minutes. Then a quick wipe with a towel and they look brand new again.

Food Ingredient Automotive tire Cuisine Dish
Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread Automotive wheel system Auto part

· Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Melts the grease off? I like that trick.
yessir, whatever was on their from the factory heats up and comes off with little effort. Wiper it with a rag. It's goofy, but i hate ugly, dirty door jambs.

· Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Got the cab blasted today...erased 27 years of road grime, street line paint, grease/oil and general road crap from the bottom of the cab.
Now i can finish body working the firewall and get it ready for paint..

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Sky Vehicle
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle
Photograph Sky Cloud White Light

· Premium Member
2,821 Posts

· Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
Got my interior parts back. Headliner, A and B pillars, and back cab panel are wrapped in the material late model GM vehicles use.
The Sunvisors are from a 2008 silverado, they light up, and slide out to extend their blocking size.
The B pillars about halfway down are covered in black suede as are the sill plates, and kick panels.
The carpet is black, and the lower portion of the seats are black.
I still have to fiberglass the door panels and finish the actual dash. Both are custom and will be covered in the grey leather the seats were made in, with the Bugatti inspired stitching to match the seats.

Comfort Automotive design Automotive lighting Interior design Wood
Wood Musical instrument accessory Tints and shades Auto part Flooring
Glove Sleeve Gesture Comfort Automotive design
Couch Rectangle Azure Sleeve Lighting

· Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
In between working on other vehicles i was able to 'shave' my cowl's, cowl panel, the area where the cowl and wipers mount. And in doing so, was able to prep and paint the cowl, front portion of door jambs, firewall, and trans tunnel.
Tomorrow i will spray the bottom of the truck with a bedliner type of material. I was going to paint it, but i think I'll make a belly pan and spray that section with paint and graphics to match the top.

Once the paint is all dry, I'll strip out the interior, add the new heat pads on the firewall, layout the new carpet, install my new seats (finally), and get to work on the dash.

So much to do, December seems so far away, but, I know it'll be here quickly.... ugh

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Hood Automotive lighting

141 - 160 of 220 Posts