S-10 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Dropped all 4 wheels/tires to the wheel shop to be straightened, and the rear wheels bore opened up to fit the bigger axle flange.
There is a 4th of july show in 10 days, i want to tackle the cooling issue, but, I don't want to get into something that causes me to miss the show.
I know, it's 10 days away, but I feel I'm opening a can of worms, and i want to make sure i have plenty of time. New cooling system equals new hoses, fans, wiring to new fan controller and fans, new AC condensor, new AC hoses, section/recharge, new dryer, it starts to add up real quickly.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Dropped all 4 wheels/tires to the wheel shop to be straightened, and the rear wheels bore opened up to fit the bigger axle flange.
wheels are back on the truck, and getting ready to start detailing the ole girl..
There is a 4th of july show in 10 days, i want to tackle the cooling issue, but, I don't want to get into something that causes me to miss the show.
the radiator is at the TIG shop, I’m having the radiator cap welded closed, and a new nipple put on it. Also they are making cooling fan mounts, so the rad/fan will be one assembly. The plan is to run an expansion tank on the fender and not have to worry about cutting a hole through the upper core support to gain access to the rad cap. This way, the expansion tank takes all the coolant and does double duty as the rad cap, just like the stock system did before.
New cooling system equals new hoses, fans, wiring to new fan controller and fans, new AC condenser, new AC hoses,
The ‘auto cool guy’ fan controller arrived, and after the 4th of July show, I’ll get the truck on the life and pull the front end apart. Theni can add the aluminum sheeting to direct as much front cool air through the rad as possible. I am going to move the transmission cooler into a different spot, maybe down into the bumper area.

Since I remembered I had a high-speed cooling problem, I want to rectify that and not have to worry about it again. The stock V6 radiator/intrepid fans worked just fine for a daily driver, but I push my truck hard, and it regularly sees the 7200 shift point, or when doing donuts/burning the tires.

So, I like to be cautious and make sure I can drive 10 hours somewhere and not have a thing to worry about, all while sitting inside at a comfy 68 degrees of AC cooled air..

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
I never looked at Dakota Digital's lineup of gauges. Wow, they have some great stuff!
don’t forget to check out Speed Hut. They have customizable gauges as well.
I wish they had a complete cluster for 98 up
if there is enough interest, I'm sure they'd make them. Issue is, most S10 owners have a hard time buying a $600 set of control arms, let alone a $1400 set of gauges.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·

Trying to get ideas from my head onto ‘paper’..

Here you can see the AC vents, window switches, AC controls, double DIN head unit, 4 5.25s mid range, with 2 tweeters, and the gauges up to.

The lower pic is some expanded slot metal pressed to form the speaker covers. It’ll be painted the grey of the leather with a low gloss clear to match the sheen of the leather.

Nothing is really to scale/size, but needed a visual.

This will flow into a slim center console with floating arm rest. It will flip up to access other items such as USB chargers, ignition switch, and whatever else.

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
1,608 Posts
nice design- but- devils advocate here- you have to take your eyes off the road to see your gauges- would be cleaner and easier if you did mini gauges in an A pillar pod setup- leaving you able to raise the ent/info center upwards

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
nice design- but- devils advocate here- you have to take your eyes off the road to see your gauges-
eh, I do fine texting and drinking while driving, might as well add taking eyes off road to the list
would be cleaner and easier
please define cleaner
mini gauges in an A pillar pod setup-
im not even going to respond to this
leaving you able to raise the ent/info center upwards
the radio? You're right, if I raise it up much higher, it’ll be that much easier to watch TV while driving. I didn’t think of that, thank you. Drinking, driving, not watching the road, texting, and watching movies or tv. That will be perfect, thank you.

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
1,608 Posts
hell- if you gonna go hi-tech- do a heads up projector on the windshield- eliminate the gauges all together, and loose the wheel- go with a side stick and a trigger throttle in the center console- leaves you a free hand for those glass bottle arm curls.Ps- last Sheriff i ran into in Pima County didn't really like my Fosters and Heinken collection in the bed of my truck....need a can crusher with an ejector chute.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·

Carwash day, getting Alice ready for the 4th of July show tomorrow.. First time anyone has seen the hood mural. So much to do once it starts to cool down. Completely tear it apart for new chassis and full graphics. Can't wait!

·
Tossing my bowling balls
350 Posts
Saw the way the firewall is done in another thread. Do you got any other pics of it being done? Also how much room did you loose on the inside? It does look different than most.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Saw the way the firewall is done in another thread.
I didn’t know there was another thread, any idea where?
Do you got any other pics of it being done?
I might have a few, is there anything in particular you are wanting to know?
Also how much room did you loose on the inside?
You don’t lose any room.
It does look different than most.
What looks different than most of what?

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Had a custom aluminum radiator built, and using a dual shallow hayden fan set up controlled by a PWM controller from "the auto cool guy dot com"
I have had zero issues with cooling with my stock S10 radiator and interiped fans, but it didnt have the look i am going for on this build.
Will post pictures later.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Hmmm, so much to process in this picture..
Been pretty busy with work and customers cars, and my own stuff going on.
This week i need to remove the front end off the hombre to get ready to upgrade everything under the hood.
New CAI, recess the new radiator, move the AC condenser, relocate the trans cooler, start mocking up the custom grill, and the beginning of the inner panels/fender wells.
There are a few shows coming up, Alice might be going as under construction to them.. :sadface:

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
...front brakes locked up, (wish my truck had ABS at that pint) felt like nothing from the rear, slid about 30 feet into the back of a big truck with a work bed. Of course zero damage to his, but mine took it all.
Guy shook my hand, said no reason to call the police as i got the worst of it. We parted ways, I drove home. The major damage seems to be the drivers frame horn took the trailer hitch force and got pushed back 6 or so inches.
Things happen, no worries, no one's hurt, and I can now do some front end upgrades I wanted to do.
Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Vehicle Grille

Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,349 Posts
Oh nooooo!! Glad you're ok.

·
Registered
129 Posts
That definitely sucks but sounds like you're taking it all in stride. Glad the other dude was cool about it, too. You can see exactly where you hit the receiver of the guy you rear ended. Wish it didn't happen but look forward to seeing what upgrades you perform to fix it.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Oh man, thank goodness it was not worse. Looks like the hood did not get touched though and you are not injured.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts