S-10 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
And I call the truck Alice Hombre, because LS sounds like alice when spoken.....and Since I'm a 90s minitrucker, all minis need a hood mural. So on nov 10th my hood is being dropped off for a rather expensive hood mural featuring milla jovovich (my long time crush) as "alice" from the resident evil movie franchise.
I love Milla. She is a great actress and easy on the eyes. Great choice.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
While being over here I hired a gentlemen to make a rendering of my truck. I do renderings myself, but I don’t have the time to sit in front of the computer and spend 30 hours on a drawing right now.

That being said, here is ‘proof’, a not finished drawing. We are still tweaking things, such as the lug nuts are too visible, the tri-bars are a little too small, on the earlier proof the color was a bit off etc.

This will have the picture you see here, and a rear view as well.

Since this isn’t completed, I felt like posting, for you all to enjoy.

Oh, in case you are wondering, these type of drawings aren’t cheap. But I need a good drawing of my vehicle so I can finish the graphic layout that’s in my head. Plus I’d like to try to get some free stuff, free stuff always costs money to get..

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
A little on the sexy side my friend

Reactions: bk2life

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
A little on the sexy side my friend

Thanks. He now starting the rear ¾ shot to add to it. This proof and the one before was to get the colors and other adjustments corrected. The first proof had a weird highlight on the hombre fender that looked like it was dented. It is better in the above view, but it’s not perfect, but, it looks much better than the earlier first proof.

I’ll post up more when I get them.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,346 Posts
...going to bring Alice home today. I haven't seen 'her' in almost exactly one year. So much to do, but i need to take things one day at a time.
Waiting patiently for pics...

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,346 Posts
It's always the rear tires... 😂 😂

·
Registered
43 Posts
View attachment 347681

Not sure if I ever posted up the upholstery work for my seats. The plastics aren't modified in this pic. ....and I have never event put a butt in these since they have been modified. From what I remember, these were removed from a 2016 gmc acacia that was slammed in the front. I had my friend at the dealer order me brand new replacement seat foams, I think around $45 each piece, x2 per each seat, and then dropped the seats off to frank, and said, I want the interior to not be faddish, and still be awesome 10 years from now. The stitching design is replicated in the Mercedes leather from a newer Bugatti.

I had the upholsterer remove the airbags, headrests, and slightly reshape the cushions to fit a bit better with a center console.

I have no pics of the rest of the interior at this time.
Seat is beautiful!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've never located an Hombre, i like the different look, you have an impressive build, look forward to more photos as well!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
It's always the rear tires... 😂 😂
Luckily my tire shop has 20 pairs of my size of discontinued tires. $100 each, mounted and balanced. So, I’m good for plenty of shenanigans for a while..

Seat is beautiful!
thank you. Ceballos Customs does amazing work. They start around 10K for an interior job. Not cheap, but the work is immaculate.

I've never located an Hombre, i like the different look,
That’s the only reason I chose to build this one. I have had several S10s throughout the years, but never an Hombre. Just enough difference to stand out.

you have an impressive build, look forward to more photos as well!
thank you. More photos will come along the way as I keep tinkering. It is 115-118 here all week, so work is a bit slow, but I have many things going at once right now.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
So Friday I give my tire guy a call and let him know I needed 2 new rear tires. He says I can get the same that’s on the rear to match the front for X amount of dollars. Then he tells me he has roughly 20 pairs of an off-brand he can do $200 mounted balanced and installed. I opted for the cheapies, because, I like tire smoke.

He says he has an opening at 11 and I told him I’d be there.

I forgot I had swapped out the vintage air gen 2 for the gen 4 before I left, and the ac isn’t working. Ugh. Probably didn’t get a line tightened all the way, or bad compressor, who knows, but the cold air ain’t flowin..

No biggy, right? I drove all my toys without ac all my youth. I’ll shoot over there and get the tires swapped, and be back before the nuclear meltdown.

Nope.

About half-way through the journey, about 75 mph, interstate 17 decides to remove it’s asphalt and leaves a 4 inch jump ramp when the asphalt returns. I hit it, with nothing I could do about it. I could feel the vibration in the steering wheel afterwards. I knew the wheels were bent. First time driving in over a year, and wham.. bent wheels. Welcome home from Arizona Department of Transportation.

Well, it was a good thing, I was driving to the tire shop.

Yessir, all 4 wheels have a bend. I have never bent wheels ever before in my lifetime. Oh well. Karma maybe.

Then the tech asks when I added the rear disc brakes. Weird question, but it turns out when I added the quick change axle, the OD of the axle ‘hub’ is bigger than the S10 axle was. So when I mounted the wheels, they were only sitting on the very edge of the axle hub/flange. I had been driving on it like that and doing donuts, burnouts for at least 500 miles or so before I left for Iraq.

So, in a few days I’m dropping the wheels off to the shop, they are going to straighten all four wheels, and bore out the rear to correctly fit the new axle.

So, crappy I bent my wheels, which I’m sending the bill to the City of Phoenix, but in a weird way, the dangerous condition of my wheel not sitting flush was found, and soon to be fixed.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,346 Posts
If it weren't for bad luck....

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
With my trip out to the tire shop, it was hot.
I mean 115 on the way home hot..the quick trip there and back turned out to be a bit of a fiasco, but I learned of a dangerous condition of the rear wheels, which, to me, made it all worth it.
But, on the way home I smelled coolant. And if you’re any type of a gear head, when you smell something odd, you check things right away.
I don’t have a dash, nor any gauges, but I do have an OBDii Bluetooth to my phone that currently acts as my gauge cluster. I quickly looked at it, and 128 degrees.
I remembered before I left, anything above 70 mph and the truck overheats. I slowed down, and the temps came down. I’m pretty sure all those ‘dumb’ looking plastic pieces around my hombre grill area behind the grill and bumper were actually quite vital to cooling.

So, a quick phone call to summit racing, and a new radiator and fans are on my doorstep the next day. I have been running the V6 s10 radiator and intrepid fan assembly, which has worked, but I have never been in the 118 degree heat, and with ac and the big transmission cooler, I didn’t want to have any cooling issues again.
I’ll be making some changes to my front end, and while everything is apart, I’ll install the new radiator/fan, A/C condenser, and move the trans cooler down lower to get incoming bumper opening air.

I’ll fabricate some aluminum ‘duct work’ to funnel the air from the grill area to the ac condenser and radiator. Also, I’ll make a ‘skid plate’ to cover the lower front frame rails to make sure there is no hot air from the radiator being recirculated back up into the radiator.

Also thinking of welding closed the radiator cap opening, and adding a surge tank to the core support or fender area and use that for the radiator cap location. This way the radiator can be sunk into the core support, and no cap opening will be needed.

Between these ‘updates’ the coolant temps should never be an issue again.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I never looked at Dakota Digital's lineup of gauges. Wow, they have some great stuff!
I wish they had a complete cluster for 98 up

Reactions: BTE
61 - 80 of 100 Posts