S-10 Forum banner

Alice Hombre

31K views 324 replies 27 participants last post by  S10sanity 
#1 ·
For a backstory, one of my junior soldiers had a pos s10 blazer her wanted to get rid of because he just picked up an equally pos’d infinity. So I told him I’d take the blazer and in trade id ‘semi-gloss black’ his infinity to make it look better.

Long story short, I tinted all the infinity lights, sanded the car down, did some small body work, and sprayed on a few coats of semi-gloss black. The car looked pretty slick, I probably have a picture somewhere on my hard drive ill post up for reference.

I lost money on it, but I made a young soldier happy and to me that’s all that matters in the grand scheme of things.

So now I had a beat 4 door 2001 blazer.

Second part of this story is a friend says some guy on craigslist or facebook ads has a hombre they want to trade. I show him the blazer, tell him of its faults, but he is happy since the truck is too small. I reiterate the blazer is a pos, and still he says he is fine with it.

I load the blazer on the trailer, and head over and we swap titles. The guy didn’t tell me the axle in the hombre was toast, and a replacement junk yard piece was in the bed. This was fine by me, but I told him all about the blazer, and didn’t get that vital info back from him.

Anyways, I start and drive the hombre on the trailer, tie her all down and head home. The next day I check out the truck in the sunlight. The body was nearly perfect. A few dings here and there. Interior was what you’d expect for a nearly 25 year old throw away truck. The previous owner’s mom was driving the truck back and forth to work with cold AC. When the rear axle went out, she upgraded and the hombre just sat as an eye sore.

Anyways, it had a new clutch, new cylinder head, new battery, so in my opinion I was happy, as my job was about an hour away in rush hour traffic, so this little thing toted my big @ss to and from work with about 30 MPGs and nice cold AC.

A new set of seats out of a 2018 toyota got fabb’d in the truck, a nice custom behind the seat box that held a 10inch shallow fosgate woofer, and 2 amps, one for the woofer, and one for the mid/tweet combo in the doors and dash. So not only was I getting decent fuel mileage I could watch jenna jameson do her thing on the way and back from work on my double din head unit, and pumpin some good tunes at a respectable sound level.

That lasted about 7 months before the head gasket went out. Luckily the man above was watching me that day, because as soon as I felt the motor lock up, the freeway opened in such a way that I was able to cruise from the far left lane all the way across the freeway to a dirt section and not cause any hiccups or accidents or middle fingers thrown at me.

There I sat, called a few buddies and before I knew it, I was getting tugged home by a buddy who was laughing at the idea his ford was towing a Chevy home. Which I reminded him it was an Isuzu.

For the next 3 months or so I drove my balzer to work, which is fun in its right. The blazer has a custom chassis, and sits pretty low and tucks the 33x22 mickey T’s pretty far up inside the fender wells.. One day I though I'm not putting a dime into a 4cyl 2.2 engine. It already tossed a head gasket once, so I called a customer and asked to use his ‘core’ for my build. Next thing I am ordering swap parts to get this truck 5.3 bolted into the chassis. Once I was satisfied, or umm not really satisfied with how things fit after I mocked up the engine/rad/fans I decided to move the firewall back 3 inches for more overall clearances on everything under the hood.

Well, I'm a bit long winded here, so, in a nutshell, I’ve got about 8-10k miles on the truck now, and have started detailing some of the things I didn’t do in the first stages of test fitting and mock up. Then I left to do my service overseas. My truck is sitting at a buddy’s house, and plenty of more work is being done to it. For those whom ask, I'm 45 years old, and am an OG in the minitruck world. So, yes, I have that crap in my blood, and being an all makes, models, gear head, I tend to spend way too much money on vehicles. Sh*t, I've spent most my life possessed by the Demon Tweak, chasing horsepower and or parts for making stuff that eventually turns into horsepower. (demon tweak was a term hotrod magazine used in the 90s and it’s always stuck with me)

Enough with the BS, I’ll post up some pictures now.

It takes forever, because of where I'm at and internet speeds here rival dial up speeds of when I had a Commodore 64 as a kid..

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
And I call the truck Alice Hombre, because LS sounds like alice when spoken.....and Since I'm a 90s minitrucker, all minis need a hood mural. So on nov 10th my hood is being dropped off for a rather expensive hood mural featuring milla jovovich (my long time crush) as "alice" from the resident evil movie franchise.

#5 ·

Took a few cans of left over basecoat and mixed them together in a gallon can, then sprayed the truck with that color so it looked decent while I drove it back and forth to work. When it came time to do body work on this truck, this basecoat took nearly 3 rolls of 80 grit DA paper to remove. Ugh, it was such a mess. Definitely only getting 2 stars.

#8 ·

Again, since I'm a 90s minitrucker, I love the old pastel colors of the past. I have always had a thing for the coral/salmon color. I went to home depot and spent an hour or so going through the color chips for house paint until I found 3 colors which I thought were right. I then went home, called my buddy fester and dug through old MT magazines and found a few trucks to compare with. Then I sent the color to my friend Tammy to match the piece and the new color to her paint line. Voila’ a 90s color reborn for the 2020s.. of course I quickly had 2 gallons of the stuff shipped to me from her factory.

#9 ·

I like the dare to be different concept, so a few phone calls and a brand new quick-change rear axle was being sent to me. I know of a red under construction extra-cab bodied full-size chevy with a similar axle, but I think I'm the only minitruck to have a quick change rear axle.

#10 ·

Alice was up and running and I went through 5 or 6 sets of rear tires in a few months. This combo is fun, and just loves to kill tires.

I could bore you with engine specs, but basically it’s a cam’d 5.3 with a 3600 stall and 3:73s. Since I'm sitting in Iraq for a while still, I'm collecting parts for my Silverado and Alice. I want to do a single turbo on Alice once I am back home. For now, I’ll do what I am able, and let a few of my buddies take her out to a couple local shows.

I’ll post up some hood mural pictures once that’s done.

#12 ·
The interior is comprised of goodies from Billet Specialties, IDIDIT, Lokar, Rockford Fosgate, Dakota digital, vintage air, and custom built interior pieces which are stitched in a medium grey leather. The pattern and stitch-work being used throughout the interior is based on a Bugatti Chiron. Windows are all limo, and the total windshield is 35%.

Thanks for lookin, feel free to ask any questions..

#22 ·

Hood’s on its way home.. woot woot!

Remember, the hood isn’t completed. There are still graphics, more colors, airbrush time, pin striping that still need to be done. So in this picture, it’s shiny and looks complete, but there is still 10-20 hours of labor still needed to be done before the hood artwork/paintjob is considered complete.

#27 ·
because leeloo doesn't sound anything like Alice. And post #2 in this thread reads:

And I call the truck Alice Hombre, because LS sounds like alice when spoken.....and Since I'm a 90s minitrucker, all minis need a hood mural. So on nov 10th my hood is being dropped off for a rather expensive hood mural featuring milla jovovich (my long time crush) as "Alice" from the resident evil movie franchise.

#28 ·
You'd have to have one hell of a speech impediment to say LS anything like Alice. Ellis maybe...

#32 ·
I know I get it, leeloo is another favorite, just wouldn’t have worked for the rest of the graphics as well. Shoot, more than half the people I work with never even heard of the 5th element. Ugh..
I read the post. It was a joke, dude.
mine too amigo, it’s all in good fun, no harm, no foul
That’s some 90’s shit right there, looks good bro
thanks, still much more work to go into it all..

Happy Christmas Eve to everyone, hope you all have a good and safe holiday season!