S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
Definitely! You just won't be able to lock/unlock your doors or open/close the windows from the remote. It wouldn't be terribly difficult to add automatic power locks at the same time if you wanted to. That way you could also benefit from keyless entry.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Its actually easier to install a alarm in a car without power locks, simply because theres a few less wires you have to find and tap into. Like posted above, you can add doorlock actuators in your truck for a small amount of money, and will add alot of convience.

I did a full alarm install with doorlock actuators on a local members 98+ that I took a few pics of, when I get a chance I'll post them up, maybe it will help you and others on here.

·
Registered
806 Posts
yeah for some reason i can get them done faster if they dont have door locks..its funny cause it is only two more wires...lol

I feel the same way, I think its a mental thing, or im just getting lazy

Some doorlocks can be a pain in the ass though, like the gay hyundai's that need a actuator installed...no fun :rant:

·
Registered
47 Posts
alot of power lock systems need an interface, i did my 2 way alarm w/ remote start took about half a day needed to buy the security chip bypass and had manual locks actuators run about 30-50 a pair

·
forum idiot
49,646 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
what?? i love door lock motors...80-100 bucks for about 10 mins of work and a 5 dollar part...your nuts..i would do tham all day long
I agree with you 99.9%.......except on some hyundais. You cant just tap into the doorlock wires in the car when doing keyless, you have to add a actuator in the drivers door to work with their central doorlock system....not a good time.

·
forum idiot
49,646 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts