S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a python 1500 esp from a friend, and am trying to install it in my truck, i have it all hooked up but when i'm trying to program the controllers it gives me the chirp signals that i need a bitwriter to reset the alarm. but the problem is i have a standard, and no dealer will touch my truck because of the remote start on a standard. is there anyway around this, or am i just screwed without getting the bitwriter myself. and if so, where could i get the bitwriter?

·
They took our jorbs.
3,797 Posts
hmm........ i have seen bitwriters for sale on ebay. you might be able to go to a local shop or ultimate electronics. Ask if you can have it done and sign a waiver on the warranty and liability. They might then.

·
Registered
806 Posts
you dont need a bitwritter to program any dei alarm, they can all be programmed using the bush button and led. your trying to program the transmitter? If so, this is how

open the door , turn the key on (dont start the truck, just so ignition is powered)

push the program button 5 times, then press and hold the button down one more time. while holding the button down, push the key u want to arm your truck with. Turn the key off, turn it back on.

push the program button 6 times, then press and hold the button down one more time. while holding the button down, push the key u want to disarm your truck with. Turn the key off, turn it back on.

push the program button 3 times, then press and hold the button down one more time. while holding the button down, push the key(s) u want to remote start your truck with (usually lock and unlock at the same time). Turn the key off, turn it back on.

This should program it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what i do, according to the book, but it still gives me the series of chirps that the alarm is locked, and according to the book, i need the bitwriter to unlock the alarm, but i want to pick up the bitwriter anyway because some advanced features are only available if i use the bitwriter. i have seen a bitwiter on e-bay for only 80 bux, i think i will go ahead and get it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts