S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best alarm system out there.....i need something now that my truck is show

·
32,797 Posts
You're gonna get different answers and/or arguements from everyone.

I have what came with the trucks, the GM factory alarm on the Blazer and Lo-jack on the fullsize.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
i have a Code Alarm that kicks ass. and it can work with shaved door kits too. plus it has upgrades like remote start, remote window control, blah blah blah, all the good ones do the same things:thumbup:

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where did you get it at and how much?????

·
Registered
88 Posts
well, since Im an installer at Circuit City Im going to say Viper alarms. They are very good alarms to say the least and also pretty easy to install. I have the viper 550esp/remote start on my xtreme, plus like 10 sirens. Very loud.

gotta protect my audio investment ya know.

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, since Im an installer at Circuit City Im going to say Viper alarms. They are very good alarms to say the least and also pretty easy to install. I have the viper 550esp/remote start on my xtreme, plus like 10 sirens. Very loud.
so how much would that product cost me installed man

·
formally Lownoma
2,458 Posts
id have to agree with ccinstaller on the viper 550esp...i put one on my g/f's grand prix with the window module(530t) and the thing works great...i love it so much imma ditch my code alarm alarm/remote start on my truck and go with a DEI....you can do windows and all that **** easily....imma try to hook it up eventually to air out my system when i arm it ...hehe now that will be nice
later
jason

·
Registered
88 Posts
of course my cost is different than urs would be, but the alarm with install will run about $399.

This includes remote start, shock sensor, regular alarm, door locks, etc.--550esp--

you could also get the proximity sensor, add a relay and put like 10 sirens on it like I have. I have 5 regular sirens on the chassis, and 5 mini piezos on the inside. Unbearable on the inside to say the least. Outside is equally attention getting because it is so loud.

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so i would be paying a lot if i just went in myself?

·
Registered
35 Posts
The real question is how much are you willing to lose? I've had one truck stolen and I wont do it again, without a decent alarm system.
Like everything else you get what you pay for. Buy cheap and expect cheap results.

·
32,797 Posts
jochumr said:

Like everything else you get what you pay for. Buy cheap and expect cheap results.
I don't think its the price. It's how the alarm is installed and what features it has. Some of the less expensive ones will work as good as the really expensive one. Just pick the right combinations of features and have it installed properly.

I have a Lo-jack (dealer installed price $900, the trucks first owner had it installed, I got the invoice), before on my other vehicles, I would get a standard $89 alarm and I've never had trouble with them. For those 6 yrs I never had anything stolen from my vehicles. And I live in what is considered the ghetto, South Central LA. But I also am very careful where I leave my vehicles parkerd, always and in any type of area, rich or poor.

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i love in so cal too bro..........i just want a loud alarm so it gets a lot of attention when the alarm goes off:thumbup:

·
Registered
88 Posts
if you want the alarm loud, just add a relay to the install and get alot of sirens. I have 5 on the chassis and 5 on the inside. The ones on the inside are behind each vent and under the dash. On the underside I have 3 up front and 2 in the back under the bed.

The more the merrier and the louder it will be.

I plan on adding at least 5 more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts