S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Got V8?
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I used the search function and what not. DEI seems to be the best, but which one?

Im looking for an alarm with keyless entry and remote start. I wouldnt hesitate to buy from ebay or an online store. I will be installing it myself. I dont have power locks right now. Links to a good product at a good price would be very helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
we install dei python at our shop and we really like them. we were using compustar, but we have been having troubles w/ the transmitters. they just quit working. so we have been replacing the whole system to the pythons and we aren't having any problems.

·
24HR Reflector Collector
316 Posts
i have an apline SEC-150R alarm, with an added on auto start. its great controls all my power locks, windows, auto start. Its been good to me so far. but i had to purchase the auto start and the alarm seperatly.

·
Registered
806 Posts
If your doing it yourself, get a Hornet 553t off of ebay. You can pick one up for $110-$120 shipped. Its a full alarm, remote start, and keyless entry unit. I install these all the time and their great units. U will need to pick up a DEI 555L to bypass passlock on the truck. If your going to add power doorlocks, then pick up a pair of doorlock actuators off of e-bay (about $5 each), and get a DEI 451m doorlock relay to send a high current 12v to the actuators. Just so you know, Hornet, Python, Viper, Vallet, and new Clifford is all the same equipment, their all made by DEI, just packaged different. If you need any help let me know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.